Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gsj68's Items on eBay

Does the OP who does not want to respond to my points wish to acknowledge that your meteoric increase in consumer spending was a single month after a huge decline in the first quarter?

The US economy and the World Economy are both weak. Not all is this can or should be blamed on Obama, but it sure would be refreshing to have a President who fights for the interests of his own country while the Saudis tank the price of Oil and the Europeans tank the Euro.

How in the world can anyone say with a straight face that the American Economy is doing well?

there are plenty of help wanted ads and the poorest of the poor are fat,affordable housing is our biggest issue,i'll take that over south america,africa,asia and most of europe any day

SCF Rewards
    Country

there are plenty of help wanted ads and the poorest of the poor are fat,affordable housing is our biggest issue,i'll take that over south america,africa,asia and most of europe any day

You are confusing standard of living with the health of the American and World Comments. I agree that we still have a fantastic standard of living versus the majority of the world. It is not accurate to describe our economy as strong.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

I don't think anyone is calling your economy strong. The recovery has actually slowed a bit this year. I think the argument is that the economy is stronger than most GOP supporters want to admit and stronger than other countries' (remember this was a world wide recession) recoveries.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

What's uncanny is your inability to comprehend the numbers you compare. The 13 million you quote includes a large percentage of children (you know, under 16 that don't factor into your other number). So no, they aren't really close.

The vast majority of this decline in "job participation rate" can be attributed to an aging population that is leaving the workforce for retirement.

Have anything else CUTE to say?

So the 13 million are all babies and old people...it just blows my mind how you can be provided with fact after fact after fact after fact after fact and still make excuses based entirely on unsupported dribble. Here is an idea, try actually supporting what you suggest instead of pulling random unsupported crap from wherever you keep it.

I have provided you with data that shows the unemployment rate hasn't gotten better, it is just a result of people leaving the job market. Your response is some unintelligent jibbersih about people being paid under the table. I show how the decline in people in the labor force coincides with the increase in people on welfare, you come up with some entirely unsupportable crap that "the 13 million you quote includes a large percentage of children". The fact that you are literally just making crap up is so blatantly obvious it isn't even funny. Even discussing this with you is a waste of time.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

So the 13 million are all babies and old people...it just blows my mind how you can be provided with fact after fact after fact after fact after fact and still make excuses based entirely on unsupported dribble. Here is an idea, try actually supporting what you suggest instead of pulling random unsupported crap from wherever you keep it.

I have provided you with data that shows the unemployment rate hasn't gotten better, it is just a result of people leaving the job market. Your response is some unintelligent jibbersih about people being paid under the table. I show how the decline in people in the labor force coincides with the increase in people on welfare, you come up with some entirely unsupportable crap that "the 13 million you quote includes a large percentage of children". The fact that you are literally just making crap up is so blatantly obvious it isn't even funny. Even discussing this with you is a waste of time.

You are the party of welfare stereotypes. How many of the 13 million do you think are under 16? Does that mother on welfare have 0 kids, 1 kid, 2 kids? Which is it? If they have 1 that drops your number to 6.5 million. So, no your numbers do not coincide.

Tomorrow I will link where I get my gibberish. If it concerns you that much, go google the the changing demographics in your country. It doesn't take a genius to figure out the population is getting older. That means they are retiring. That means they are over 16 and not looking for work. It's directly reflected in your "job participation" numbers. My link will prove my gibberish.

You can quit the debate now, while you still think you have a clue.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Another key factor is new jobs created. How many new, full time with benefits, jobs have been created so far this year? Yes there are tons of part-time jobs with no benefits in the help wanted ads, but what good is that? Yes there are more people that are retiring because of the baby boomer generation, but are those job positions being maintained in those companies, or are they consolidating those job positions with other employees in the company, like I've heard happening a lot lately. This economy is crap, I don't care how much you polish it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

It is great you take interest in our politics and you are very on top of it. I just find your tones sometimes a but irritating because some of your posts you act like it does affect you. Hence the hobby comment. Sorry if it sounds harsh but thats my honest opinion.
    I have NEVER said or thought your politics affects me more than you. Just because I take more of an interest in your politics than most of you do. It doesn't mean anything other than I enjoy the debate and the subject matter.

You said it right here: "But as always you can enjoy the hobby of making fun of our economy"

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't think anyone is calling your economy strong.

Uhhhhhh, besides Alex in the very first post in this thread?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

Uhhhhhh, besides Alex in the very first post in this thread?

Okay. Anyone but Alex. Alex likes to be over the top sometimes in his posts.

SCF Rewards
    Country

"we need to take back our country from that communist!"

"By 2016 America will look unrecognizable"

"Obama doesn't care about America or Americans"

-Conservatives nonstop BS for the last 6+ years...

And yet it's 2015 and we are in relatively good health as a country, and again.....Conservatives HATE this.
    Last edited by JustAlex; 05-03-2015 at 05:16 AM.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast