Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See IggyWH's Items on eBay

Thumbs up Finally Card Company's Are Getting A Grip On Reality!

My father (I don't know how he got it but it's sitting in front of me) got a redemption card for 2002-2003 Topps basketball that is redeemable for 2 jersey cards of Antoine Walker and Chris Webber. I then looked at the expiration date : 2/28/05! Finally these company's are starting to realize that not every pack they produce s opened 6 months later. I don't know about you, but I've opened some old packs (which turn pretty cheap if you wait like a year) and pulled a redemption card that had expired. Nice to finally see at least Topps has wised up!

SCF Rewards
    See radioheadfloyd's Items on eBay

Re: Finally Card Company's Are Getting A Grip On Reality!

Originally posted by IggyWH
    My father (I don't know how he got it but it's sitting in front of me) got a redemption card for 2002-2003 Topps basketball that is redeemable for 2 jersey cards of Antoine Walker and Chris Webber. I then looked at the expiration date : 2/28/05! Finally these company's are starting to realize that not every pack they produce s opened 6 months later. I don't know about you, but I've opened some old packs (which turn pretty cheap if you wait like a year) and pulled a redemption card that had expired. Nice to finally see at least Topps has wised up!

I have noticed that they have changed to more reasonable expiration dates myself. It does make a lot of sense and I know in the past I have passed up on certain cheap packs because I knew if I pulled a redemption card that I would be screwed.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Finally is right! I've probably gotten screwed out of over $500 in good cards opening older packs with expired redemption cards. Nothing makes me angrier!

BGray

SCF Rewards

if card company's were smart, they start cutting down on the cornucopia of various cards being produced.

As much a fan as I am of Kobe, I don't need 100 different 2002 Kobe Bryant cards. That's not to mention the prior years.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See qball0730's Items on eBay

That sucks BGray, I just sent in a Japanese Version Ichiro Suziki 2001 Topps Gallery RC that I got in a trade and I only had like 4 months left or so...

SCF Rewards
    Country

but to if they still have the card sometimes you can call them and if it is expired they may still have it and send it to you or something similiar, sometimes even better than what you pulled the first time

amare
    i don't know, but i am sure you have a nice father :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See tytamkeira's Items on eBay

Yes the extended time that some of the companies have started to put on the redemption cards is nice. For example I have a 2002 SP Authentic Redemption card for a Kalimba Edwards rookie. If I send it in to redeem the card the it has to be postmarked by Tuesday December 13, 2005 and recieved by Tuesday December 27, 2005. With the companies starting to do this then sales on the product should still be good in lets say 2004.

But now this next thing I am about to say may depend on the company or the person at the company that you are dealing with. I had stated in a different post that I had opened a box of 2000 Upper Deck. When I was opening it I had pulled a redemption card for a Tim Brown Jersey/Auto card numbered to /81. It had already expired but what I did was sent it in with a letter to the company. I basically told them that I had enjoyed their product for the past years and I know that they would have many other nice cards in the future. If you want to say I was basically kissing their butt. hehe. But if that was what it took to get a $120 card then so be it. hehe. I ended up trading it to someone where I had gotten a great looking 1984 Elway RC, 1986 Young RC and a couple other cards. Hopefully soon I will be sending them in to be graded. I would say at least I will get a 9 out of them but who knows. hehe.

So what I was basically trying to say is that if you have an expired redemption card it won't hurt to send them in. The worst that can happen is that you won't recieve anything back. And if they don't have the card the redemption is for sometimes they send a different card and a freebie pack. hehe.

Welp that is my 2 cents. :)

Richie
    mookigremlin
    :p

SCF Rewards
    Country

Originally posted by BGray
    Finally is right! I've probably gotten screwed out of over $500 in good cards opening older packs with expired redemption cards. Nothing makes me angrier!

BGray

BGray, did you try contacting the companies? Sometimes even if a redemption card is expired they will still redeem it. All you have to do is see if they still have it in stock and most of the time they will still honor it.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kingpinlc's Items on eBay

I think Upper Deck has started making their redemptions last longer as well as Topps. Someone mentioned SP...

Overall, I hate redemption cards. But... such is the business. Typically, what most of you have said is right on. If you pull an old redemption card, it's always worth a shot to see what the company will give you. They've all got customer service lines to call...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast