Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

I'm all for drug testing these people. I had to pass a drug test to get my job and pass random ones to keep it.

I'm kind of split on telling people what they can and cannot buy. I think that the state has the right to tell them what they can since it is the states money. I just don't see a need for such an intense list. Ban high end items like steak, lobster and booze. You don't need to get super specific. When we get groceries we budget out a certain list of items and stick to that. I do get some of it though. It's way cheaper to make your own spaghetti sauce than buy a premade one.

Drug testing should be mandatory for all welfare recipients.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

has anyone given thought that most of these people have paid a lot of taxes in their life and have fallen on hard times?

there are scammers everywhere but a vast majority of people are honest

No I haven't seen every single recipient so this obviously doesn't apply to everyone, but I live in an area where there is a lot of poverty and I see a significant amount of fraud and waste. If I had a nickel for every time I stood in line behind someone while they paid for their groceries with food stamps and then paid for their beer and cigs with cash...

With that said, according to Statistic Brain 46.5% of people on welfare have been on it for more than 2 years, 19.6% have been on it more than 5. If you have been collecting welfare for 2 or more years then you probably have taken out quite a bit more than you could have paid into the system unless you were employed making a very large amount of money. http://www.statisticbrain.com/welfare-statistics/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gsj68's Items on eBay

yes that's probably true. It's still the states money though. And if they end up getting a job somewhere they'll pry pee in a cup to get it.

i have no problem with drug testing but the most abused drug is alcohol so your going to have to do something there

SCF Rewards
    Country

has anyone given thought that most of these people have paid a lot of taxes in their life and have fallen on hard times?

there are scammers everywhere but a vast majority of people are honest

In 2015 America?
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

No I haven't seen every single recipient so this obviously doesn't apply to everyone, but I live in an area where there is a lot of poverty and I see a significant amount of fraud and waste. If I had a nickel for every time I stood in line behind someone while they paid for their groceries with food stamps and then paid for their beer and cigs with cash...

With that said, according to Statistic Brain 46.5% of people on welfare have been on it for more than 2 years, 19.6% have been on it more than 5. If you have been collecting welfare for 2 or more years then you probably have taken out quite a bit more than you could have paid into the system unless you were employed making a very large amount of money. http://www.statisticbrain.com/welfare-statistics/

i was going to reply about how nobody like the scammers then i thought how the government teaches the people how to milk it and even runs adds in mexico how to get on welfare once they get here but safety nets are a must because everyone falls sooner or later

and as about as red blooded as an american can get,i say "children are exempt".

SCF Rewards
    Country

i guarantee it

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TheBench(150)
    Country
    See tpeichel34's Items on eBay

^Proud supporter of a party that champions "small government"....is now saying that he's ok with government telling people what to do and getting all over their eating habits.

Also LOL @ the irony that GOPers now care about healthy eating but when a liberal tells kids they should eat healthy to have a more active and healthy life they rage about it.

Let me now give you MY position, the REAL Liberal position.....ALLOW people to do whatever the hell they want.....they want to spend all their food stamps on lobster....GO AHEAD....let's see how long it lasts and let's see what these geniuses do next.

Should we encourage adults to eat healthier? How about we encourage people to do whatever the hell they want with their ONE and ONLY life.

I really don't care how unhealthy you eat, I really don't care how obese you become or whatever.....it is YOUR body it is YOUR choice what you want to stuff into your mouth.

*NOTE....my position is ONLY for adults....as an adult you have a mature brain and SHOULD know what an unhealthy lifestyle will bring about.

IF you are a parent and you allow your kids only to eat garbage such as fast food and snacks....don't freaking come crying to ME (the taxpayer) about it.

You failed as a parent....and I pity your fat kids.

Weren't you one of the people that was a huge champion of forcing people to buy health insurance?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123