Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

SCF Rewards
    Country

i dont like open carry guys,i automatically see them as scared and/or paranoid and there is nothing more dangerous than a scared animal

people with concealed carry permits are:

5.7 times less likely to be arrested for violent offenses than the general public
    13.5 times less likely to be arrested for non-violent offenses than the general public
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

5.7 times less likely to be arrested for violent offenses than the general public
    13.5 times less likely to be arrested for non-violent offenses than the general public

That is because people with CC permits are generally law-abiding citizens. Anyone who will take the time to take a training course, fill out forms and pay a fee for the right to CC is generally going to be a responsible citizen and thus, less likely to violate laws.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I dont really understand open-carry either, I find it perfectly comfortable and easy to access right under my shirt and I've been trained not only to carry but how to draw my gun, posture, hand positions, return to holster, etc. and I can't see how open carry is such a huge advantage. I like nobody knowing I am carrying. Besides, it reduces the risk of someone trying to take it from me if it is plain out in the open. Just my two cents.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gsj68's Items on eBay

concealed carry and open carry are two different things,cc you have licence and training and what not,open carry is just some dude with a pistol on his belt

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

concealed carry and open carry are two different things,cc you have licence and training and what not,open carry is just some dude with a pistol on his belt

Yeah because 3 hours of training before you get your CC totally makes you a pro at handling a handgun. Most states accept the NRA FIRST course for CC permits which is just a 3 hour course. Even if they require the "more extensive" NRA Basics of Personal Protection Outside The Home Course you are only talking 8 hours of instruction. Responsible gun owners are more extensively trained than that regardless of a piece of paper issued by the state giving them permission to concealed carry.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah because 3 hours of training before you get your CC totally makes you a pro at handling a handgun. Most states accept the NRA FIRST course for CC permits which is just a 3 hour course. Even if they require the "more extensive" NRA Basics of Personal Protection Outside The Home Course you are only talking 8 hours of instruction. Responsible gun owners are more extensively trained than that regardless of a piece of paper issued by the state giving them permission to concealed carry.

I totally agree with this however we have to realize that it isn't very practical for much more training than 8 hours for people to get their CCL. For many people, they won't even do the 8 hours. Most CCL holders I know have known how to handle their weapons for a very long time and were training years before CCL became popular. Myself, I have been using guns since I was 13 and only got my CCL 3 years ago. My CCL did not teach me how to handle my firearm, it just taught me about the laws and responsibilities of carrying.

SCF Rewards
    Country

You are correct on that. I hate how now on google when you search for something even with quotes it doesn't give you what you want. My mistake for not reading the website better before I copied the stats. Though I'd believe they would be better than the general public as well for open carry.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123