Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

What happened to "She should be able to do whatever she wants"? I didn't know you were in favor of capitalism, isn't that the great evil or western society that holds all the poor people down?

Beachbum....when I go to work, I have to sacrifice some stuff and I do NOT have a choice in the matter.

I am required to dress like a professional, that means, button down long sleeve dress shirts, ties, slacks, etc...

I can NOT waltz into my job with jeans and a white t-shirt.

I am also required to be at the job site at a certain time....failure to do so can terminate my employment.

So NO....when it comes to jobs and working, women nor men can do "Whatever they want".

That is because liberals only support individualism if it is based in homosexuality, abortion rights, or higher taxation on the wealthy to support individualism for the poor. If your individualism is based in religion, Constitutionality or conservatism then you have no right to individualism and should probably face criminal charges and then extradition or execution.

I think I've laid out my arguments pretty clearly.

BTW, do you disagree with my initial premise?

That A&F should NOT have to bend over backwards to Muslims or any religious group in terms of their look?

SCF Rewards
    Country

And let me speak a little bit about my liberalism....

I'm sure some here see me as a bleeding heart liberal because of the way I seriously dislike conservatism and the GOP and whatnot....

But that is far from the truth.

I dislike conservatism and the GOP to the core because I see them as extremes.

I also see the far left in the same vein.

I do NOT support Feminism, SJW tactics, banning guns, banning in any sense, and tolerating anything and everything.

If there were a scale of 10RED to 10BLUE.....with 0 in the middle for neutral.

I think I'm at BEST 2 or 3BLUE.

You guys think I view Europe as some utopia when in reality I view many of their actions (especially the UK as of recently) as insanity and ultra liberal and leftist.

I just want America to stop being so RED....and be more towards 0 Neutral.

I was born in America and I believe I will die here.....I like America....I just want it to be a better America.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Beachbum....when I go to work, I have to sacrifice some stuff and I do NOT have a choice in the matter.

I am required to dress like a professional, that means, button down long sleeve dress shirts, ties, slacks, etc...

I can NOT waltz into my job with jeans and a white t-shirt.

I am also required to be at the job site at a certain time....failure to do so can terminate my employment.

So NO....when it comes to jobs and working, women nor men can do "Whatever they want".

Sure, agreed, you sound more Red than I remember, are you sure you're not a closet Conservative?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sure, agreed, you sound more Red than I remember, are you sure you're not a closet Conservative?

Since late last year I have seen many things that have quite frankly angered me by the Left, things that I can NOT support no matter what.

When I first started posting on this forum I can honestly say that was my most liberal side, I was probably 7 or 8BLUE.

Up until last year I was still at about 5BLUE.

Things have changed even more now.

IF I could abandon my faith which I had for so many years, I can easily abandon my previous political ideologies.

I want to be more in the center of the spectrum, and I realize that DEEP BLUE Liberalism is NOT something I can support.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I think I've laid out my arguments pretty clearly.

BTW, do you disagree with my initial premise?

That A&F should NOT have to bend over backwards to Muslims or any religious group in terms of their look?

I disagree none at all with your original premise. My point was that from what I see, liberals wholeheartedly support individualism when it is a liberal ideal, but when it comes to conservative ideals they stop supporting it. They will fight to the death for gays to marry, and fight to the death to stop gun owners from buying ammunition online.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Since late last year I have seen many things that have quite frankly angered me by the Left, things that I can NOT support no matter what.

When I first started posting on this forum I can honestly say that was my most liberal side, I was probably 7 or 8BLUE.

Up until last year I was still at about 5BLUE.

Things have changed even more now.

IF I could abandon my faith which I had for so many years, I can easily abandon my previous political ideologies.

I want to be more in the center of the spectrum, and I realize that DEEP BLUE Liberalism is NOT something I can support.

Just think Alex, when you are in your 40s, you'll be just like me and Duane.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

And let me speak a little bit about my liberalism....

I'm sure some here see me as a bleeding heart liberal because of the way I seriously dislike conservatism and the GOP and whatnot....

But that is far from the truth.

I dislike conservatism and the GOP to the core because I see them as extremes.

I also see the far left in the same vein.

I do NOT support Feminism, SJW tactics, banning guns, banning in any sense, and tolerating anything and everything.

If there were a scale of 10RED to 10BLUE.....with 0 in the middle for neutral.

I think I'm at BEST 2 or 3BLUE.

You guys think I view Europe as some utopia when in reality I view many of their actions (especially the UK as of recently) as insanity and ultra liberal and leftist.

I just want America to stop being so RED....and be more towards 0 Neutral.

I was born in America and I believe I will die here.....I like America....I just want it to be a better America.

You are what we see Alex there is no hiding that no matter how you spread the butter son.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I don't see how she would have a right to wear it at work if she didn't wear it for her interview. There was some obvious deception involved there.

That's what I was thinking. Seems like she did this on purpose to make a point or had ever intention of "exposing" A&F. If her dress was such a huge part of her everyday life then she wouldn't have shown up for the interview not wearing it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I am willing to accept that I read something wrong here considering you all seem to have missed what I read.

I read that she wore jeans and a t-shirt to the interview ALONG with the headscarf.
    The interviewer RECOMMENDED her for the job.
    She was NOT given the job by A&F because she didn't comply with their "look policy".

What did I miss?

I didn't see in the article where it said the head scarf was worn or not or if it came up in the interview. I guess really there's not much info in the article pertaining to the interview and if the head scarf was worn or discussed during the interview.

It still seems to me that A&F has a set rule about not wearing items on their heads while on the floor at their stores. Unless I'm missing something, I think they have the right to designate their employees uniforms.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I didn't see in the article where it said the head scarf was worn or not or if it came up in the interview. I guess really there's not much info in the article pertaining to the interview and if the head scarf was worn or discussed during the interview.

It still seems to me that A&F has a set rule about not wearing items on their heads while on the floor at their stores. Unless I'm missing something, I think they have the right to designate their employees uniforms.

My .02 is that even if she wore it in the interview they still have the right to set their dress code. if she showed up to the interview in a string bikini it doesn't mean she gets to work in a string bikini. If she showed up showed up in BAD need of a shower it doesn't mean the employer has no right to expect her to be clean and presentable when she comes to work.

I would argue that not wearing it in the interview would validate no right to wear it at work, but regardless of that, employers have a right to decide what their employees who are representing their business wear. My daughter works for a clothing store and she has to remove her nose piercing (just a little stud on the side of her nose).

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast