Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Just think Alex, when you are in your 40s, you'll be just like me and Duane.

Careful. Your gonna make the poor guy have to up his meds LOL

SCF Rewards
    Country

That's what I was thinking. Seems like she did this on purpose to make a point or had ever intention of "exposing" A&F. If her dress was such a huge part of her everyday life then she wouldn't have shown up for the interview not wearing it.

I didn't see in the article where it said the head scarf was worn or not or if it came up in the interview. I guess really there's not much info in the article pertaining to the interview and if the head scarf was worn or discussed during the interview.

It still seems to me that A&F has a set rule about not wearing items on their heads while on the floor at their stores. Unless I'm missing something, I think they have the right to designate their employees uniforms.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Alex, I believe your personal victory is thinking through each issue on its individual merit. Once you break of the hold of thinking exactly along party lines the more freedom that you will find. When I was your age the only truth in my life was what I heard from Rush Limbaugh. I know that I have certainly evolved over the past 20 years.

Since late last year I have seen many things that have quite frankly angered me by the Left, things that I can NOT support no matter what.

When I first started posting on this forum I can honestly say that was my most liberal side, I was probably 7 or 8BLUE.

Up until last year I was still at about 5BLUE.

Things have changed even more now.

IF I could abandon my faith which I had for so many years, I can easily abandon my previous political ideologies.

I want to be more in the center of the spectrum, and I realize that DEEP BLUE Liberalism is NOT something I can support.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Careful. Your gonna make the poor guy have to up his meds LOL

Ha! We definitely don't want to make him spin out of control if he is coming back our way thats for sure.

But in all seriousness, being young and liberal is very common and becoming more conservative with age is typical. Once you own a home, have a family, and everybody (mostly the government) tries to take more and more from you, you've had enough!!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Ha! We definitely don't want to make him spin out of control if he is coming back our way thats for sure.

But in all seriousness, being young and liberal is very common and becoming more conservative with age is typical. Once you own a home, have a family, and everybody (mostly the government) tries to take more and more from you, you've had enough!!

I totally agree. Proof that the old adage "With age comes wisdom" has some validity. However, I have seen my fair share that age did not lead to wisdom nor common sense, so it isn't an infallible adage.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think you people misunderstand my position.

So let me clarify.

I will NEVER, EVER agree with conservatism.....it has roots directly related to BS like "Family values" and "Religious values" which I deeply disagree with and utterly reject.

I view Conservatism to be a POISON in this country.....an ideology that has gone out of control and all it's politicians are now extremists and pandering to the most fanatical christians and far right individuals.

So, do not think I will ever join your side, because I would rather convert back to being a moderate/liberal Christian than ever call myself a conservative.

What I AM saying is that I wish to be more of a moderate in relation towards liberalism/"the Left".

I will give examples:

When I first started posting here, I thought banning guns/restricting guns was an OK position to take.....I now see that is a FAR LEFT position and does NOT meet my "Freedom to do as you please as long as no rights are infringed" position.

Furthermore, I HATE the use of banning things as a way to solve a problem.....this is a FAR RIGHT position, they want to BAN abortion, they want to keep Marijuana BANNED, they want to keep gay marriage BANNED, anything they don't like they want to BAN...so, I saw that my position was incorrect and thus I changed it.

Also, I also realize my HUGE mistake in thinking American Cops were a good alternative for people who are anti-guns....they are NOT, American cops are incompetent and will NOT protect you in a life and death situation.

Here's another position I have changed ever since I joined this forum...."The war on Women".

There is NO war on women....sure the GOP are trying to do their best to make abortion as difficult as possible for women, but in the end they will NOT succeed in making it illegal.

However, things like the "Pay gap" and women being "oppressed" in America are direct talking points from FEMINAZIS!

And YES....I WILL use that term because that is the way I choose to label these extremists and utterly clownish individuals.

Just like I attack and ridicule the Far right, I will do the same with the Far Left.

@Far Right Christians, you are NOT persecuted or oppressed in the United States, you are the overwhelming majority....you don't like the fact the U.S is a theocracy? TOO FREAKING BAD! Go to Saudi Arabia to see what a theocracy looks like and then tell me if you still want something like that in the U.S.

@Lunatic Far Left Feminist, you are also NOT oppressed in the United States, you have every single right a man has and what you deem as white male privilege is non-existent when you think about all the privileges that women have over men.

Basically what I'm saying is that we are living in a climate where BOTH sides of the spectrum have become VERY radicalized and extremists, and I want NOTHING to do with either of them.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Alex, who ever hinted that we would want you on our side?

I am very sorry that I tried to pay you compliment. Guess that it was a waste of keystrokes.

I think you people misunderstand my position.

So let me clarify.

I will NEVER, EVER agree with conservatism.....it has roots directly related to BS like "Family values" and "Religious values" which I deeply disagree with and utterly reject.

I view Conservatism to be a POISON in this country.....an ideology that has gone out of control and all it's politicians are now extremists and pandering to the most fanatical christians and far right individuals.

So, do not think I will ever join your side, because I would rather convert back to being a moderate/liberal Christian than ever call myself a conservative.

What I AM saying is that I wish to be more of a moderate in relation towards liberalism/"the Left".

I will give examples:

When I first started posting here, I thought banning guns/restricting guns was an OK position to take.....I now see that is a FAR LEFT position and does NOT meet my "Freedom to do as you please as long as no rights are infringed" position.

Furthermore, I HATE the use of banning things as a way to solve a problem.....this is a FAR RIGHT position, they want to BAN abortion, they want to keep Marijuana BANNED, they want to keep gay marriage BANNED, anything they don't like they want to BAN...so, I saw that my position was incorrect and thus I changed it.

Also, I also realize my HUGE mistake in thinking American Cops were a good alternative for people who are anti-guns....they are NOT, American cops are incompetent and will NOT protect you in a life and death situation.

Here's another position I have changed ever since I joined this forum...."The war on Women".

There is NO war on women....sure the GOP are trying to do their best to make abortion as difficult as possible for women, but in the end they will NOT succeed in making it illegal.

However, things like the "Pay gap" and women being "oppressed" in America are direct talking points from FEMINAZIS!

And YES....I WILL use that term because that is the way I choose to label these extremists and utterly clownish individuals.

Just like I attack and ridicule the Far right, I will do the same with the Far Left.

@Far Right Christians, you are NOT persecuted or oppressed in the United States, you are the overwhelming majority....you don't like the fact the U.S is a theocracy? TOO FREAKING BAD! Go to Saudi Arabia to see what a theocracy looks like and then tell me if you still want something like that in the U.S.

@Lunatic Far Left Feminist, you are also NOT oppressed in the United States, you have every single right a man has and what you deem as white male privilege is non-existent when you think about all the privileges that women have over men.

Basically what I'm saying is that we are living in a climate where BOTH sides of the spectrum have become VERY radicalized and extremists, and I want NOTHING to do with either of them.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Alex, who ever hinted that we would want you on our side?

I am very sorry that I tried to pay you compliment. Guess that it was a waste of keystrokes.

My post is not directed at you.

And I did feel the need to clarify myself.

Jokingly or not, what Beachbum and Duane are saying is something I wholeheartedly disagree with.

Conservatism is directly linked with the most authoritarian, anti-free, and extremist ideologies in America.

When I feel embarrassed of being an American.....which unfortunately happens a lot....too many times it's because of the insanity of conservative politicians and their policy.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Oh one more thing....

The times I DO agree with a conservative....I have to remember that it will only ever be in fractions.

Conservative: Islam is a terrible religion, filled with extremists, ISIS is Islamic, our president won't acknowledge that, Islam hates the west and freedom of expression!

Me: Yup, I agree with all of that......BTW, what do you think of Christianity?

Conservative: Christianity is great!

Me: Yeah, I thought so...

Conservative: SMALL GOVERNMENT!!!

Me: YES! I agree whole heatedly!

Conservative: Abortion is murder, ban it! Weed is dangerous, ban it! Gays are yucky and my God hates that sin, BAN IT! BAN, BAN, BAN!!!!!

Me: SIGH....so much for small government...

Conservative: Stop spending so much money!

Me: THANK YOU, we do need to be more wise in our spending, it's out of control, I mean look at our military budget....

Conservative: WHOA, WHOA, WHOA.....our military deserves even MORE money.....just cut entitlement programs, and we'll be ok!

Me: Why do I even try....
    Last edited by JustAlex; 06-08-2015 at 01:27 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

My post is not directed at you.

And I did feel the need to clarify myself.

Jokingly or not, what Beachbum and Duane are saying is something I wholeheartedly disagree with.

Conservatism is directly linked with the most authoritarian, anti-free, and extremist ideologies in America.

When I feel embarrassed of being an American.....which unfortunately happens a lot....too many times it's because of the insanity of conservative politicians and their policy.

So liberalism/progressivism is all about freedom, individuality and non-extremism? Ever heard of Code Pink, ACLU, the Animal Liberation Front, the Occupy movement, ACORN, the Black Panthers, or the government of the state of California....to name a few? I have never met a professed liberal that did not support the oppression of other people.
    Last edited by duane1969; 06-08-2015 at 09:03 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast