Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Male Reproductive rights....or lack thereof....A discussion.

Well, now that P&R is going away, I want to talk about some stuff that rarely if ever got mentioned around here....

This is definitely one of them.

So, we all know about FEMALE reproductive rights, and for the most part I support the right of a woman to do as she pleases with her body.

But how come men don't really have reproductive rights?

OK....I know some will say "Well Alex, cuz men are not the ones birthing kids...."

And that makes sense, but it takes two to tango...

Let's make some examples....

Example A John is in a relationship with Jane.....Jane has told John that she wants kids, John thinks it will be too expensive and he is simply not ready to be a father. John and Jane always use contraceptives. However, growing increasingly frustrated and impatient....Jane is no longer taking birth control but tells John that she is.

Jane becomes pregnant.

John finds out about the deception and breaks the relationship.....several months later, Jr. is born, Jane demands Child Support, goes to family court and WINS.

^Seems to me that John has been taken for a ride and is now stuck with 18 YEARS of child support payments for a child he NEVER wanted and was deceived into making....

Example B Michael and Sarah have been happily married for two years.....neither is thinking about kids and are careful about using contraceptives. However, that very slim chance occurs!

Sarah is pregnant.

Michael is surprised but optimistic! He's going to be a father, he feels pride and joy at the fact that in some way his legacy will continue.....Sarah on the other hand is not so thrilled, in fact she is very upset and tells Michael she wants an abortion.

Micheal wants to keep the child, the two go back and forth, Micheal compromises with Sarah and says he'll work harder in order to make ends meet and wants Sarah to have an open mind about the possibility of starting a family.

Sarah waits a few weeks, but ultimately gets an abortion.

Micheal is devastated, he tries to get past it, but the relationship has been damaged and thinking that there is no family future with Sarah, he asks for a divorce....Sarah is bitter about the divorce and eventually asks for Alimony and of course...WINS in court.

^Scenarios like this are not something I made up on the fly....they are very real.

So, seeing as most of us are men on this forum, how do you feel about Male Reproductive rights? And the question is rhetorical because males actually don't have reproductive rights....

The simple and cold hard blatant truth is....Women can deprive a man from being a parent and they can also force them into parenthood against their will.
    Last edited by JustAlex; 06-04-2015 at 06:27 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Let's not forget. In Example A if John does not pay child support for a child he did not want he is labeled a deadbeat dad, will be jailed by the court system, will most likely lose his job, will be barred from leaving the country, will have his tax refund taken and will be ostracized in the community.
    Last edited by duane1969; 06-04-2015 at 03:14 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Men have a very long way to go in the gender gap in terms of equal parenting rights, perceptions, and culture. I've been a stay at home dad for 6years and most SAHMs refuse to accept them. I know this isn't about reproductive rights but it is along the vein of cultural stereotypes against men and their role in the family and as fathers.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Let's not forget. In Example A if John does not pay child support for a child he did not want he is labeled a deadbeat dad, will be jailed by the court system, will most likely lose his job, will be barred from leaving the country, will have his tax refund taken and will be ostracized in the community.

Yes!

I didn't want to go that deep into it, but that is the way society views these issues.

If you are a father against your will, and you refuse to pay, you are a deadbeat, a degenerate, and "Not a man"....

BTW....I have seen studies that show that up to 90% of Mothers win in Family courts in the issue of Child custody and ultimately Child Support....

90%!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Simply put they don't get the same rights because they don't have anybody fighting for their rights. They don't have any special interest groups or groups supporting them. And if they ever did the media would mock the heck out of them and discriminate against them because it goes against what the media believes and spews. If you go against that you are going to feel wrath.

I just saw a female teacher the other day get no prison time for having sex with a 12 year old boy. She was black so the media can't claim white privilege got her off but because she is a woman we are somehow suppose to believe that she can't be a child predator or pedophile when she clearly is. If a man was having sex with a 12 year old student he'd be locked up immediately like he should be but for some reason woman's groups never want equality when it comes to sentencing child predators that are women.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/