Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See frozeninfernocollectibles's Items on eBay

Work at a Canada Post here as a part-time job. In our region (ON and QC) all stuff goes to Montreal then gets sorted there. It is new, since they shut down the sorting facility here in Ottawa

Oh my... So all mail in that region is routed through the "disappearing cards" capital of Canada now. No offense to my friends in Quebec but that is unsettling.

By the sounds of things in this thread I'm kind of glad I've been away from the hobby for a while.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Work at a Canada Post here as a part-time job. In our region (ON and QC) all stuff goes to Montreal then gets sorted there. It is new, since they shut down the sorting facility here in Ottawa

That would explain the sudden change. Thanks

If you've never seen the movie "Your Stolen Cards" , I predict it will soon rerun at a show in Montreal.
    Last edited by piper1; 06-13-2015 at 07:54 AM.
    The want list at this link features what I need of Gretzky, Roy, Ottawa Senators, and Miscellaneous sets. I also have a CFL want list on my page and if you have nothing from it I will consider other traders of current Ottawa Senators,Guy Lafleur, + trade bait.

Wants - Hidden Content

Traders - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Michigan Wolverines Seattle Seahawks
    Twitter: @kylemclaren7 See kydollarsign's Items on eBay Instagram:

Oh my... So all mail in that region is routed through the "disappearing cards" capital of Canada now. No offense to my friends in Quebec but that is unsettling.

By the sounds of things in this thread I'm kind of glad I've been away from the hobby for a while.

That would explain the sudden change. Thanks

If you've never seen the movie "Your Stolen Cards" , I predict it will soon rerun at a show in Montreal.

I'm one of the OPs buyers who was worried his card got lost lol, I'm just thankful he has it back in his hands now. I'm also waiting on 5 Cup RPAs (noone good lol) from westssportscards. Both packages shipped at least 2 weeks ago, I just want my cards :( haha

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See fleurynut's Items on eBay

I work at Canada Post part time. As part of cost saving measures Canada Post closed a ton of the sorting facilities all across the country and left the major ones open. For example here where I live, if I mailed a letter/package to the neighbor next door it would go to Calgary (300 kms away) to be sorted and then sent back here. Really smart thinking huh!! Imagine the increased work load to the sorting plant doing this. Plus movement of the mail from the sorting plants is now contracted out to the lowest bidder which can mean all sorts of problems.

Sad state of affairs for sure!!
    Collect Crown Royale, OPC & McD

[Trade List/Wantlist: Hidden Content

Photogallery of OPC PC: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See sjw241's Items on eBay

Update on my original post.
    Yesterday evening I got a bunch of packages back. They were brought to my door around 7pm last night. All with insufficient postage. Apparently Canada post website has an error on it where it states packages under 50 grams require a $1.20 stamp. I had been sending packages like this for a year and never had an issue. The manager at the post office closest to my house said he didn't know there was a change. Anyhow, that could be the reason for some of my packages not getting delivered. But reding the posts here I am beginning to get worried that some or all of my packages are being routed through Quebec, the black hole for sports cards. I have nothing against Quebec and realize most people are honest, but I have had a ton of issues within Quebec in the past as have many other members here and on other boards.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Michigan Wolverines Seattle Seahawks
    Twitter: @kylemclaren7 See kydollarsign's Items on eBay Instagram:

Update on my original post.
    Yesterday evening I got a bunch of packages back. They were brought to my door around 7pm last night. All with insufficient postage. Apparently Canada post website has an error on it where it states packages under 50 grams require a $1.20 stamp. I had been sending packages like this for a year and never had an issue. The manager at the post office closest to my house said he didn't know there was a change. Anyhow, that could be the reason for some of my packages not getting delivered. But reding the posts here I am beginning to get worried that some or all of my packages are being routed through Quebec, the black hole for sports cards. I have nothing against Quebec and realize most people are honest, but I have had a ton of issues within Quebec in the past as have many other members here and on other boards.

under 50 grams is 1.20 stamp, but it must also fit through the smaller of the two slots in this pic. 5mm in width. My purchase from sjw was 2 patch cards, so thicker than that.... Yes I know I told you that yesterday my man, just letting everyone know. The policy hasn't changed since March 31/14.

image.jpg

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See icefields02's Items on eBay

actually i believe under 30 grams is 1.20
    between 30 and 50 is 1.80
    these are canada to the states rates

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See icefields02's Items on eBay

thats just your postal outlet then, 1.85 cent stamps don't exist anymore (that was old international postage until march 31/14) and no, 85 cent stamps don't cost $1 unless you buy 10, you are buying $1 stamps lol. They say $1.00 on them. So this is deff just your postal outlet lol.. THEY are running some kind of operation

dont think so. the outlet where i go sell the canadian permanent stamp (the one with no dollar figure on it just the letter P) for 1.00 but it only counts as a 85 cent stamp unless you buy 10 at 85 cents each.

SCF Rewards
    Country

actually i believe under 30 grams is 1.20
    between 30 and 50 is 1.80
    these are canada to the states rates

Going by what it says here:

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/a...execution=e1s1

It doesnt say anything about having to fit through a certain slot. Simply lists by weight.

SCF Rewards
    Country

dont think so. the outlet where i go sell the canadian permanent stamp (the one with no dollar figure on it just the letter P) for 1.00 but it only counts as a 85 cent stamp unless you buy 10 at 85 cents each.

This is true. The permanent stamps must be bought in booklets of 6 or more to get them at 85 cents each. Otherwise they are a buck a piece.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast