Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Maple Leafs
    See thehip_022's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Going by what it says here:

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/a...execution=e1s1

It doesnt say anything about having to fit through a certain slot. Simply lists by weight.

If you click on the " For a letter or document tab " , it says

Select Size Regular Envelope Large Envelope
    Max Length 24.5 cm 38 cm
    Max Width 15.6 cm 27 cm
    Max Height 0.5 cm 2 cm

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Michigan Wolverines Seattle Seahawks
    Twitter: @kylemclaren7 See kydollarsign's Items on eBay Instagram:

Again, I work there, I'm not going off of what someone is telling me, this isn't a opinion guys, it's a fact. Choose to argue or whatever it's just redundant since I have the facts lol

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See sjw241's Items on eBay

Again, I work there, I'm not going off of what someone is telling me, this isn't a opinion guys, it's a fact. Choose to argue or whatever it's just redundant since I have the facts lol

Kyle, if this post refers to the permanent stamps costing a buck and you say they don't, read this:

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc/abo...g_increase.jsf

"Customers who wish to purchase a single stamp will pay $1. This represents about two per cent of all stamp purchases."

SCF Rewards
    Country

Kyle, if this post refers to the permanent stamps costing a buck and you say they don't, read this:

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc/abo...g_increase.jsf

"Customers who wish to purchase a single stamp will pay $1. This represents about two per cent of all stamp purchases."

it's to everyone disputing the 5mm width and how to purchase 1.80 stamps ect. When you pay for a $1 stamp, the postage you are paying is $1. There is a way around that if you want to buy just 85 cents of postage, ask for 3 75 cent stamps and 1 10 cent stamp. No one does this but it will absolutely get your mail there.

When you buy a book of 'P' stamps (usually books of 10 but we have 6's, 30's and rolls of 50/100/300/500) you pay 85 cents + tax per. (9.61 for a book of 10). If you go up and ask for 10 $1.00 stamps, it is $11.30 with tax. When you go up to the counter with one regular letter and ask for a stamp you are NOT buying a permanent stamp. You only need 85 cents of postage, but we sell you a dollar stamp. Obviously Canada Post advertises that it's the same as a regular stamp, or else no one would go in asking for a regular stamp. But I'm telling you, go in with one letter, ask them for one stamp for Canada. The stamp will say $1.00 on it, not a P like the normal permanent stamps.

And the reason most people don't see that there is a slot we try and slide thicker mail through is because it's usually under the desk, and we do it quickly once you get the hang of things, so it never goes noticed. But the slot, like I was saying and you can see in the picture I posted, is 5mm in thickness.

< 30 grams and under 5mm in thickness is a normal P or a $1 stamp.
    < 50 grams and under 5mm in thickness is a $1.20 (or American) stamp
    > 50 grams but < 100 grams AND under 5mm in thickness OR over 5mm in thickness but under 2cm is a $1.80 (oversized) stamp
    > 100 grams but < 200 grams and under 2cm in thickness is 2.95 in postage (metered label)

anything else is obviously oversized and shouldn't need to be clarified.

Also, and really I'm not trying to argue with ppl, just trying to get everyone on the same page so there is no surprises when they get to the PO and don't understand something; the quote you posted sjw shows you the word choice.... single stamps are $1.00... they do not say permanent stamps are $1.00.
    Last edited by kylemclaren7; 06-13-2015 at 09:18 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See icefields02's Items on eBay

kylemclaren7

again i am not trying to argue but at the postal outlet i go to

the lady there tells me ( and since Jan 1st she has been right every time)

for a letter (thin bubble under 30 grams) she sells me a permanent stamp - 85 cents.
    for an oversized letter light package whatever you wish to call it (up to 100 grams) - she sells me 2 permanent stamps. - 85 cents times 2 = 1.70.
    i have not had a single item come back out of over 100 items. this works because these permanent stamps are supposed to be valued at 1.00 each. she simply removes them from a book of ten and sells them individually.
    this is a postal outlet in a convenience store. she doesnt use a scale or that little plastic 5mm hole. this is a fact.
    maybe what she is doing is postally incorrect but the point im trying to make is wherever the mail goes after it leaves the little red box outside her store - exact postage doesnt seem to matter. nobody bothers to check the stampage on the packages. ( i know i used two words postally and stampage that arent actual words). and my point is the system is run by government people and therefore it is inconsistent, it doesnt follow rules and it is impossible for "we the people" to understand.

SCF Rewards
    Country

kylemclaren7

again i am not trying to argue but at the postal outlet i go to

the lady there tells me ( and since Jan 1st she has been right every time)

for a letter (thin bubble under 30 grams) she sells me a permanent stamp - 85 cents.
    for an oversized letter light package whatever you wish to call it (up to 100 grams) - she sells me 2 permanent stamps. - 85 cents times 2 = 1.70.
    i have not had a single item come back out of over 100 items. this works because these permanent stamps are supposed to be valued at 1.00 each. she simply removes them from a book of ten and sells them individually.
    this is a postal outlet in a convenience store. she doesnt use a scale or that little plastic 5mm hole. this is a fact.
    maybe what she is doing is postally incorrect but the point im trying to make is wherever the mail goes after it leaves the little red box outside her store - exact postage doesnt seem to matter. nobody bothers to check the stampage on the packages. ( i know i used two words postally and stampage that arent actual words). and my point is the system is run by government people and therefore it is inconsistent, it doesnt follow rules and it is impossible for "we the people" to understand.

Two things I'll explain from that one. a) what she is doing is illegal technically (not that anyone cares lol). When someone buys a single stamp, they are NOT to be loosened from a book. They are supposed to be these (note that they are not 'P' stamps, they have a value on them of $1.00 : https://www.canadapost.ca/shop/stamp...execution=e1s1

The outlet you go to buys the books at a book price (I think the profit margin is like 1.5% markup and that's it) intending for them to sell the book at $8.50 + tax. But if they sell all the stamps in the book as loose stamps at $1.00 a piece, well, it's easy to see how much more of a profit margin there is.

IF they do that, not only are they overcharging you for the stamps you are getting, they are lying to you by telling you that there is $2.00 of postage on it. P stamps are worth 85 cents each guys, not $1 (this is a common misconception among customers). Your packages are not coming back for probably 2 reasons, not because you have the proper postage on them.

Reason 1: it costs more to send a parcel back to someone for 10 cents of missed postage than it does to push it through the system, so most employees ignore it. I have seen stuff come back with the "missing 10 cents of postage" sticker on it, but its RAAAAARE lol.

Reason 2: if your outlet hand cancels the stamps with a date stamp, it will ALMOST ALWAYS get pushed through the system no matter what, because down the line everyone will see that a CP employee okayed it, and if it gets sent back after that it's a bad look, just creates more problems when an angry customer goes back to their PO and complains....

moral of the story, ALWAYS GET YOUR PACKAGES DATE STAMPED! Even if the postage is incorrect, it will almost always get pushed through :)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Two things I'll explain from that one. a) what she is doing is illegal technically (not that anyone cares lol). When someone buys a single stamp, they are NOT to be loosened from a book. They are supposed to be these (note that they are not 'P' stamps, they have a value on them of $1.00 : https://www.canadapost.ca/shop/stamp...execution=e1s1

The outlet you go to buys the books at a book price (I think the profit margin is like 1.5% markup and that's it) intending for them to sell the book at $8.50 + tax. But if they sell all the stamps in the book as loose stamps at $1.00 a piece, well, it's easy to see how much more of a profit margin there is.

IF they do that, not only are they overcharging you for the stamps you are getting, they are lying to you by telling you that there is $2.00 of postage on it. P stamps are worth 85 cents each guys, not $1 (this is a common misconception among customers). Your packages are not coming back for probably 2 reasons, not because you have the proper postage on them.

Reason 1: it costs more to send a parcel back to someone for 10 cents of missed postage than it does to push it through the system, so most employees ignore it. I have seen stuff come back with the "missing 10 cents of postage" sticker on it, but its RAAAAARE lol.

Reason 2: if your outlet hand cancels the stamps with a date stamp, it will ALMOST ALWAYS get pushed through the system no matter what, because down the line everyone will see that a CP employee okayed it, and if it gets sent back after that it's a bad look, just creates more problems when an angry customer goes back to their PO and complains....

moral of the story, ALWAYS GET YOUR PACKAGES DATE STAMPED! Even if the postage is incorrect, it will almost always get pushed through :)

That is the best advice of all. Everyone could debate Kyle forever on what they think has or should get through but you can take all the guess work out of it with the Official Stamp because at that point in time CP has taken on the responsibility to try and deliver it to its destination.
    The want list at this link features what I need of Gretzky, Roy, Ottawa Senators, and Miscellaneous sets. I also have a CFL want list on my page and if you have nothing from it I will consider other traders of current Ottawa Senators,Guy Lafleur, + trade bait.

Wants - Hidden Content

Traders - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See icefields02's Items on eBay

i thought everybody got the post office to date their packages, been doing it for quite a while now and have never had a problem. now i know why thanx.
    every little bit of info helps us keep more money n th hobby and less money in the postage...peace

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See sjw241's Items on eBay

I get all my packages date stamped. Doesn't guarantee anything. I have had ten come back this past week alone.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I get all my packages date stamped. Doesn't guarantee anything. I have had ten come back this past week alone.

Yeah I saw that on the pic you sent me of mine haha, was the first thing I looked for. The person sorting them must have had a bad week or something, especially since you said this never had happened before hahah! I just want my Stalock :(

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast