Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kessel_fan_87's Items on eBay

Question regarding SPA. ( mods merge with other SPA thread if you like )

I'm wondering about the YG update cards. Are they considered true rookies? The reason I'm asking is I bought a couple duclairs today (one from series 1 as a ranger and another dressed in coyotes gear in SPA) and then I see Andrew Hammond has a YG which he never has had before. I'm confused lol.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

I was told by the card store guy that they are, they're extensions of the regular set. Or maybe he's wrong and they're XRC's? I'm not very helpful, sorry. But America's Got Talent is on in the living room and I don't wanna go out there.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Lol. Don't blame ya Ed.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Toronto Blue Jays
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

The way I would interpret it is that as an extension of Series II (Series III?), any player who did not have a Young Gun in Series I or II, their Series III Young Gun would be a Rookie Card. However, for a player like Duclair, who already had one, I would not consider it a Rookie Card, in the same way that the first of the three Duclair cards in Trilogy is a Rookie Card and the other two are not.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I would agree with this. Sekac & Duclair are not RCs, the others are (I think... maybe someone else was duplicated too?)

The way I would interpret it is that as an extension of Series II (Series III?), any player who did not have a Young Gun in Series I or II, their Series III Young Gun would be a Rookie Card. However, for a player like Duclair, who already had one, I would not consider it a Rookie Card, in the same way that the first of the three Duclair cards in Trilogy is a Rookie Card and the other two are not.

IMO - These update cards are no different than what UD inserts into UD Series 2 (Victory & OPC Updates)

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (23)
    Country
    Dallas Stars Cincinnati Bengals Washington Capitals
    See nohands70's Items on eBay

The players who did not already have a Young Gun are Rookie Cards. The player who already had one, it is considered an updated RC, or XRC.
    Collect Ovechkin, Jamie Benn, John Klingberg, & Miro Heiskanen from UD Only

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks fellas.