Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Fishing for Trout, ended up with Paula Abdul

Went to Angels at Rays on Thursday, June 11th. Was hoping to get either Albert Pujols or Mike Trout, or any of the guys I had cards of. I waited by the Angels dugout from the time the stadium opened until the ushers made us leave the section. Trout signed maybe 3 autographs as he came off of the field, and Matt Joyce came over (but not near me) and signed a few, nobody else signed.

Around the time the Angels came off of the field, there was a small group of about 4 people walking down the left field line and we realized it was Paula Abdul. I asked if she would come over and sign and she walked right over, signing my baseball first then signing several more autographs as the crowd got larger and more chaotic. I was pretty happy getting the autograph and taking a few pictures of her, also got a nice picture of her throwing the ceremonial first pitch.

I was getting ready to leave around the 7th inning, the Rays were up 2-1 and it had been a long week between going to a minor league game on Tuesday, and watching the Lightning on TV on Monday and Wednesday. As I was about to walk out of the stadium, I decided to cruise by the lower level luxury box area just to see if I could locate Paula again (as I really wanted a picture with her). As luck would have it, I see a small crowd and it is Paula, a few security, and a small group of people getting their picture taken with her. I asked if I could get a picture with her which she allowed me to do, then she quickly went with her group back into the suite.

So, no Pujols or Trout, but I think it was more fun and interesting meeting Paula Abdul. Not to mention that sometimes the best autographs are the unexpected ones.

Abdul2.jpgAbdul3.jpgBaseball Game.jpgAbdul4.jpg
    Last edited by mberger718; 06-15-2015 at 02:00 PM.