Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Post Michael Bloomberg says police should seize guns from male minorities

http://www.summitdaily.com/news/15052127-113/story.html

Michael Bloomberg representatives have asked the Aspen Institute not to distribute footage of his recent appearance in Aspen, where the three-term New York City mayor made pointed comments concerning minorities and gun control.

Both the Institute and GrassRoots TV, the organization that filmed the event, confirmed Thursday that they will not broadcast the footage online or on television as planned.

Appearing before nearly 400 people in Aspen on Feb. 5, the billionaire founder of Bloomberg L.P. argued that in order to save lives, police should seize guns from male minorities between ages 15 and 25.

National media outlets latched on to that portion of the discussion, in which Bloomberg said one method to deal with the issue is to “throw them up against the wall and frisk them,” referring to the controversial stop-and-frisk tactics New York City implemented during Bloomberg’s tenure.

“If you can stop them from getting murdered, I would argue everything else you do is less important,” Bloomberg said in Aspen.

Furthering his point in Aspen, Bloomberg said city governments need to fund law enforcement judiciously, dispatch more police and get them into minority neighborhoods. About 95 percent of murders are credited to young, male minorities, he claimed, adding that motives are usually associated with drugs or domestic disputes.

“One of the unintended consequences is people say, ‘Oh my God, you are arresting kids for marijuana. They’re all minorities,’” Bloomberg said. “Yes, that’s true. Why? Because we put all the cops in the minority neighborhoods. Yes that’s true. Why do you do it? Because that’s where all the crime is.”

When addressing his stop-and-frisk policies, Bloomberg relayed a story about a Baptist minister in Harlem who invited him to speak.

“While I’m sitting there waiting for him to introduce me, he said to his congregation, ‘You know, if every one of you stopped and frisked your kid before they went out at night, the mayor wouldn’t have to do it,’” Bloomberg said. “And so I knew I was going to be okay with that audience.”

Did anybody hear anything about this story before? I know the story is older but I never heard anything about it before and wanted to see if I was the only person who missed it or not.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

argued that in order to save lives, police should seize guns from male minorities between ages 15 and 25.

though not very PC, all we have to do is look at crime stats and incarceration rates to determine he is on to something.

this would be a very short-term fix, we need to look at the long-term fixes for blacks. Poverty, incarceration, jobs, housing, welfare, and so on are in shambles.

SCF Rewards
    Country

He's not really on to anything other than thinly veiled racism that Bloomberg gets away with because the media will never bring down a person who spends millions and millions of dollars trying to ban guns. Normally if anybody said anything like him that was in his position he'd get blasted 24/7 on every network available. But because he's fighting for the "correct" side he gets a pass and in this case gets to cover up the video and make sure that it never leaks out.

BTW maybe we should seize cars from males aged 16-25 because more people die with cars than guns

SCF Rewards
    Country

are they obtaining the cars to commit crimes or kill with?
    how many of those cars have been obtained illegally?
    how many of those people driving those cars have a license to drive?

talk about apples and oranges.

racist because he points out the serious epidemic going on in the black community and inner cities?

SCF Rewards
    Country

are they obtaining the cars to commit crimes or kill with?
    how many of those cars have been obtained illegally?
    how many of those people driving those cars have a license to drive?

talk about apples and oranges.

racist because he points out the serious epidemic going on in the black community and inner cities?

I'm pretty sure the police would take away guns if you obtained them illegally or didn't have a proper license with them or do they not do that now? The same thing would apply to underage people and guns.

Also I didn't say racist I said thinly veiled racism. Asians have lower gun crime stats than whites and they are minorities. And white males have a higher gun crime rate than minority women so why stop at taking away guns from minority males just take them away from all males? Problem solved according to Bloomberg.

SCF Rewards
    Country

the black population has a violent crime rate and gun crime rate at a staggering percentage above other races.

the fact that everyone tries to belittle known stats for the sake of "not being racist" is another part of the problem.

people can blame who and what they want and people can try to twist the facts to appear not be be racist, but pointing out these issues is not being a racist, it is reality.

no one is fixing anything, just shifting the blame and making excuses.

whether bloomberg is a racist or not I do not know nor care, he would never vote for him.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The thought of the police making a widespread sweep of minority neighborhoods to find guns is frightening. A really bad idea from Bloomberg.