Thread: Raanta vs. Darling

Raanta vs. Darling

I've started a small PC of Raanta (YG, Score HR, OPC Marquee RC, etc).
    But now that he's been traded to the Rangers, I'm considering selling or trading my collection.
    Which goalie do you think would have the better long-term potential, Raanta or Darling?
    Looking for any cards from Bruins, Celtics, Patriots, Red Sox, Blackhawks, Bulls, Bears, & Cubs

2. The Card Swap
    Both are backing up arguably 2 of the top 5 goalies in the NHL. Unless you see a huge drop off in either starters performance, they will never be more than a backup. They both have #1 potential with the right team, but I would give Darling a slight advantage due to his size and limited playoff experience in big games.

NEITHER are ready to be the everyday starter just yet. Both of them still rely on the defense to step up a notch to keep them from getting completely hammered instead of taking the game on themselves and carrying the team.

Price, Lundquist and Crawford all carry their teams regularly when the defense is struggling.

I liked them both when they were here and thought Crawford had a slim chance of getting traded to free up cap space and they could tag team the position in Chicago.

Just my 2 cents

Darling is 29 and Raanta is 28.

Neither have long term potential but Darling has a Stanley Cup.
    Hidden Content

My hockey collection/traders:
    Hidden Content

My baseball collection/traders:
    Hidden Content

I say Darling. I see Crawford more likely to slip up and give starts to Darling more so than Lundqvist slipping and giving up starts to Raanta
    Collecting:
    Lee Stempniak
    (96.9%, 28 1/1's, 5 Gamers, 3 Sticks) & Cal Clutterbuck (91.0%, 21 1/1's, 1 Stick)
    Also always looking for Paul Stastny & Current Sabres RC's
    Click link for: Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Leafsman View Post
    Darling is 29 and Raanta is 28.

Neither have long term potential but Darling has a Stanley Cup.
    So does Raanta

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybirdmh93 View Post
    So does Raanta
    He might get a ring but I did not think he qualified for engraving. I thought he was a "black ace". Most teams let their black aces handle the cup as well.

How many games did Corey Crawford miss with injuries? Did both Raanta and Darling dress in the required number of games to qualify?
    Hidden Content

My hockey collection/traders:
    Hidden Content

My baseball collection/traders:
    Hidden Content

Raanta played well for them early in the season backing up Crawford, but part way through the season Darling took over the backup role as Raanta faltered. I too started a small Raanta collection as well. I didn't know he was traded till i read this post. I've got a couple Darlings cards too. Bought one pack Saturday at the LCS and out popped the Darling YG. I think Darling is the better bet of the two.