Malarchuk's Book - Thoughts

Ok - I have been looking to grab a copy of this book "A Matter of Inches" since it was released earlier this year, but it took me until Monday night to grab a copy of it at the local library.

As a Sabre fan, I was interested to read it because he was a former Sabre. But I was not prepared for the details of his life that he shared about his battles with mental illness, alcoholism and depression. I will not get into details here, but it shows his life as a microcosm of how far society has come with how mental illness is handled and how far we probably still need to go.

I could NOT put the book down over the last 3 nights; this was an incredible read (and it's not kid-friendly).

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Looking for a new location to store your cards? Hidden Content

Contact me for any site related issues
    =====
    Support SCF Sponsors

I had the pleasure of hearing Clint speak at both Red Deer College and at the Red Deer College Athlete's Breakfast. He did a great job. This is an important message and one of hope. Do yourself a favor - go read this book (buy or borrow!).

Scott I have this one, and intend on reading it after I finish Stuart Scott's book. Which is also a great read I might add

Collecting:
    Lee Stempniak
    (96.9%, 28 1/1's, 5 Gamers, 3 Sticks) & Cal Clutterbuck (91.0%, 21 1/1's, 1 Stick)
    Also always looking for Paul Stastny & Current Sabres RC's
    Click link for: Hidden Content or Hidden Content

4. Check out Steel City Collectibles Clearance Center
    May have to give this a read at some point. Sounds very interesting!

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    PC's: Martin Brodeur, Ed Belfour, Jhonas Enroth, Marc-Andre Fleury, Carey Price

Got it for Christmas . Read the first chapter but haven't done anything since. Not a big reader so the mood has to strike me. I'll get it done eventually. Maybe this thread will motivate me to read it.

Cheers Mike

Hi All

My main focus in collecting are SPA Future Watch Auto's and UD Young Guns. My secondary collecting is of all years of Canvas YG's.

Hidden Content

Excellent read but not for the faint of heart, Lets just say getting your throat slashed is very bad for ones mental health. Thankfully he is doing OK now!

Bucket: Hidden Content

LF: Winnipeg Jets & Bruin RC's, Ovechkin.
    Sets: 2012-13 Artifacts Patches # /15 /8 /5 and /1.
    2008-09 Black Diamond Quad Jersey Gold and Onyx.