Thread: 14-15 FWA chipping ?

14-15 FWA chipping ?

Hi

As more and more FWA from 14-15 show up I'm finding that chipping is becoming an issue. Looks like 07-08 all over again. As these cards get handled more and more chipping will become evident . Some I've seen are that way right out of the pack. At Least it's only the bottom where 07-08 it was top and bottom.That may have an effect on prices and finding quality cards.

Cheers Mike
    Hi All

My main focus in collecting are SPA Future Watch Auto's and UD Young Guns. My secondary collecting is of all years of Canvas YG's.

Hidden Content

The Vasilevskiy that I have has the same problem - chipping on the bottom, and it came from the pack that way
    Collecting:
    Lee Stempniak
    (96.9%, 28 1/1's, 5 Gamers, 3 Sticks) & Cal Clutterbuck (91.0%, 21 1/1's, 1 Stick)
    Also always looking for Paul Stastny & Current Sabres RC's
    Click link for: Hidden Content or Hidden Content

As in pieces are being chipped off? Also I have a FWA in my PC, how can I prevent the chipping?
    Collect: Jaroslav Halak, Melker Karlsson, Casey Cizikas, Ryan Pulock
    Set collections:
    03-04 Pacific Private Stock Reserve Rookies 010/040
    03-04 Pacific Private Stock Reserve Jerseys 038/072

Hi

If there is chipping already then not much you can do. To avoid further or initial chipping then get the card in a soft sleeve and top loader asap. Chipping occurs when the card is banged up against something. Some sets tend to be more sensitive to chipping then others. Usually because coloring at the edge of the card.

Cheers Mike
    Hi All

My main focus in collecting are SPA Future Watch Auto's and UD Young Guns. My secondary collecting is of all years of Canvas YG's.

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by rj92795 View Post
    As in pieces are being chipped off? Also I have a FWA in my PC, how can I prevent the chipping?
    Here is an example, this is the Vasilevskiy I have

If you look at the bottom edge, you can see little bits of white, which are things people don't want to see, and while not super badly damaged, would definitely kill some grading. If your cards are in Sleeves and Toploaders, you shouldn't have any problems.
    Collecting:
    Lee Stempniak
    (96.9%, 28 1/1's, 5 Gamers, 3 Sticks) & Cal Clutterbuck (91.0%, 21 1/1's, 1 Stick)

Dang, I just looked at mine and there's a little bit of chipping. It's been in a sleeve since I got it so it must have happened before I bought it.
    Collect: Jaroslav Halak, Melker Karlsson, Casey Cizikas, Ryan Pulock
    Set collections:
    03-04 Pacific Private Stock Reserve Rookies 010/040
    03-04 Pacific Private Stock Reserve Jerseys 038/072

Called it when I saw the mockups ....... said 14/15 would be just liked 07/08 ..... because of the solid color on the bottom edge .... there will be chipping issues.

Cant do much about it, but find the gems you want and hold on to them
    *** Main PCs - Luongo / Mrazek / Fleury***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Traders - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

You did call it my friend, I remember seeing that post LOL

If it's for your PC - it shouldn't be much of a bother to you. Just don't waste your time grading it
    Collecting:
    Lee Stempniak