Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

You call him McJesus, I call him McNugget. I am sick of players being called "The Next One". There is no such thing. Like him or not (and I do not) here is no equal to Wayne Gretzky. NONE. Not even Crosby will compare. And there won't be any comparable player to Gretzky for a very, very long time. The "experts" have to stop that foolishness and the fans gotta stop buying the hype.

Also on the subject of nicknames, you Canadiens fans gotta stop calling the goalie "Jesus Price". I will agree that without him, the team goes nowhere, but seriously?

To get back to the topic of the thread, I like the designs. I am not a flashy person. I love a simple, clean, crisp design. I wish they would stick to that template. Nothing flashy, but cards can stand out without flash and dash.

There's nothing wrong with hype. Makes things more fun and interesting. It brings more fans into the fold. I mean, we can all like Kuba and say everyone today is closer to Pecca than Gretzky, but where's the fun in that? Let's let everyone chase "The Next One". There's no harm in that.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI(28)
    Country
    See pack-fresh's Items on eBay

You call him McJesus, I call him McNugget. I am sick of players being called "The Next One". There is no such thing. Like him or not (and I do not) here is no equal to Wayne Gretzky. NONE. Not even Crosby will compare. And there won't be any comparable player to Gretzky for a very, very long time. The "experts" have to stop that foolishness and the fans gotta stop buying the hype.

Also on the subject of nicknames, you Canadiens fans gotta stop calling the goalie "Jesus Price". I will agree that without him, the team goes nowhere, but seriously?

To get back to the topic of the thread, I like the designs. I am not a flashy person. I love a simple, clean, crisp design. I wish they would stick to that template. Nothing flashy, but cards can stand out without flash and dash.

I think it is ridiculous that people think there has not been as good of a player or there won't be a player as good as Gretzky. Hockey has changed significantly since Gretzky has played, and compared to today's players, potentially he may be only as good as a Stamkos if he was playing today.

As far as McDavid goes, why do you not like him? What has McDavid done to you? As a player, he is quite talented...saw him play against London here a few times, and he is truly the best Junior I have seen play since Crosby. As a person, he is well spoken, no ego, responds tactfully (for example when he was being called out by Eichel), so I ask...what did he do to you? Why do you not like a 18 year old kid that has worked VERY hard to be where he is? So give the kid a bit of respect...he's worked pretty hard for where he is at.
    Last edited by RGM81; 07-16-2015 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Personal Comment Removed

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kearl_Rob's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

I don't mind that design... and I haven't liked the UD design since Malkin's year. These will be sharp to see as high gloss parallels.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think it is ridiculous that people think there has not been as good of a player or there won't be a player as good as Gretzky. Hockey has changed significantly since Gretzky has played, and compared to today's players, potentially he may be only as good as a Stamkos if he was playing today.

As far as McDavid goes, why do you not like him? What has McDavid done to you? As a player, he is quite talented...saw him play against London here a few times, and he is truly the best Junior I have seen play since Crosby. As a person, he is well spoken, no ego, responds tactfully (for example when he was being called out by Eichel), so I ask...what did he do to you? Why do you not like a 18 year old kid that has worked VERY hard to be where he is? So give the kid a bit of respect...he's worked pretty hard for where he is at.

He won't even be as good as Stamkos or Ovechkin....but hype is fun...

People hate because there's none stop talk about him like he's some hockey god but all he'll do is get 70 points if that...with low scoring era excuses....well...the era was lower scoring too before Gretzky came...
    If you are so great you turn a low scoring era into a high scoring era...but obviously this kid will easily be suffocated in the West

If he scored 82 goals rookie year.....just imagine.....but it can't happen....that's the problem with hockey....other sports it can happen...well except baseball because that's garbage now too..

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    See anth-toop's Items on eBay

Look closely at my comment...I have no problem with McDavid. I said "like him or not (and I do not) here is no equal to Wayne Gretzky". I never liked Gretzky.

Talented, yup. Problem was, he could do no wrong. I also do not like comparisons to Gretzky, simply because NOBODY will ever be Gretzky. It is unfair to McDavid, MacKinnon, etc to be referred to as the "Next One". They are being set up to fail (in comparison to Gretzky, anyway).

But this is off topic. If you want to discuss this, it would be best to start another thread.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123