Thread: New to TTM

New to TTM

Wanting to get into TTM but really don't know what I should or need to send or say any feedback would be helpful thanks

2. Kronozio
    Hi there,
    In regards to what you should send. It should be something that you are okay not having back If they don't sign. Like baseball cards or photos. Also what sports are you thinking about TTM'ing?

Should i send return envelope with postage paid for?

Yes always include a self addressed stamped envelope for return shipping. Basically just send an item you'd like to get signed, a letter stating why your writing them, something you like/liked about there career and what you'd like signed. I always thank the person for taking the time to read your letter, they don't have to and you are asking them for something.

First off, welcome to the hobby!

You need:
    -2 envelopes (One going to the player, and one coming back, both stamped obviously)
    -A letter; usually 1/2-1 page just giving them best wishes, asking them about their career, politely asking and thanking them for an autograph
    -Something to have signed (cards, photos, index cards, baseball, etc.)

The best people to send to for starters (all sign for free unless noted)

-Bobby Doerr (oldest living HOFer)
    -Carl Erskine (Brooklyn Dodgers pitcher)
    -Rob Manfred (Commissioner)
    -Al Worthington (50'/60's pitcher)
    -Ken Retzer (Catcher in the 60's)
    -Bobby Shantz (All-Star/MVP Pitcher)
    -Pat Neshek (current MLB Pitcher)
    -Josh Hamilton (signs in the offseason)
    -Wade Boggs (signs for $5)
    -Mike Sandlock (oldest living Major Leaguer)
    -Bobby Richardson (former Yankee)
    -Dave "Boo" Ferriss (Red Sox Hall of Famer)

That's just to name a few off the top of my head. You can always go to the TTM Manager and look up recent successes or just think of a player who you might want and look them up. If you have a specific area you want to collect (ex. I mostly collect 1940's-1960's players and Phillies TTM) I can always see who I have from there and give you a list of guys to send to.

Best of luck!

I do a little bit of everything ttm. If you are into women's sports a lot of WNBA basketball players and HOFers will sign ttm. Also women's golf and tennis is pretty good. If you are into traditional sports I have saw some recent successes from Eli Manning and Drew Brees so I would take a flyer on one or both of them as well.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content