Thread: Mail Fraud

Mail Fraud

Anybody ever file mail fraud charges? Curious of what the outcome was. Thanks in advance!

In what context are you asking? Like, do you want to file charges vs. an individual or a company?
    I used to be a moderator for SCF trade disputes. I can pm you info, depending on what you say.
    - Andy

Beckett Basketball Plus Super Collector - Spring '06
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Considering filing charges against an individual. I sent a bunch of items to someone on this site for consignment. Dude kept everything. I'm just fed up with failed 50/50s or consignments. Curious what happens? Thanks for the help.

It all depends on the value of what you are owed...

I the 10+ years I have been a mod working trade disputes on SCF and the disputes manager I have heard of a few times where mail fraud charges were filed and that there was something done in regards to it...From what I have been told if it is a small amount you are owed involved in a deal you are owed for there will not be an investigation opened into the complaint, the advise I give to people when I work a dispute and someone is owed and never get what they are owed is to file the complaint and see what happens..

Another thing that helps is if the person you want to file the complaint against has had other complaints filed against them..

If you want to look into this here is the website to file the complaint

https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/

Also if the deal was done over the internet you can also file charges for internet fraud

www.ic3.gov/

If you have any other questions feel free to contact me...Ed