Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Knicks New York Yankees New York Giants
    See don't have an eBay account...'s Items on eBay

Unhappy R.I.P. Rowdy Roddy Piper 1954 ~ 2015

I know there's another thread but they spelled his name wrong.

This death is gonna hit me much harder than Dusty's who was a tad before my time. I reckon I'm going to be watching a lot of old stuff on the network tonight. The '92 Rumble where he beat The Mountie for the IC Championship and was in the Royal Rumble match too. Boy, did he and Flair tear the roof down and then I remembered the next entrant was Jake Roberts, lol. Then gonna watch WrestleMania VIII where Hot Rod and Bret put on one of the most classic IC Title Matches in WrestleMania history. Only could he pull off a babyface vs babyface, tease turning heel during the match but still come out as a babyface at the conclusion.

Piper was the definition of icon and legend. One of the greatest talkers wrestling will ever see then, now, forever.

Rest peacefully, Hot Rod..

and thanks for the memories!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New England Patriots Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics
    See sportscollector0118's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Definitely one of the greatest of all time, hell, what a talker he was, always enjoyed watching him, and he will definitely be missed.
    This guy changed the game, man, just changed how heels were represented and will always hold a piece of history.
    R.I.P
    Last edited by Wwe fan; 07-31-2015 at 08:22 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Knicks New York Yankees New York Giants
    See don't have an eBay account...'s Items on eBay

I can find solace in the fact he passed in his sleep but everybody knows that jobber, cardiac arrest, had to pearl harbor Piper in his sleep because Hot Rod would've demolished it awake.

I just watched on my local news 11 WPIX, Scott Stanford interviewed Mean Gene about Roddy's passing. It was so sad..

SCF Rewards
    Country

I was shocked to have seen the headline of his passing when I logged onto ESPN. He looked really good compared to a lot of the other legends but after checking his Wikipedia page there is a quote on there where he said he never expected to live past 65 due to his lifestyle. Though I'd have to wonder if the recent dust up with Stonecold and Piper losing his job hosting the podcast thing being so recent to his heart attack if that played any part in it.

Piper was really before my time as a wrestler (I really only remember him versus Bret Hart and his Goldust match along with a lot of forgettable stuff in WCW) but I loved him commentating, being interviewed, Piper's pit, etc. He was always full of energy and passion. The dude would be the perfect person to inspire and rev up troops going after to battle or something. He was a one of a kind talent that was special to listen to on the mic. I also really enjoyed him outside of the wrestling world with his movies and TV roles (They Live and It is Always Sunny in Philadelphia being my favorite). A true wrestling legend gone too soon.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/