Topps Talks Redemption Cards, Customer Service, NFL, NBA

An open question and answer session had company officials discussing everything from league licenses to the best time to reach its customer service staff.

More...

2. Check out the deals at Bear Ridge Collectibles eBay Store
    Last July, Panini America secured the exclusive rights to produce cards featuring current players. Topps officials didn’t release specific plans for football in 2016, but it’s possible they could focus on sets of Hall of Famers and other retired players.

Do it. I'd much prefer retired and HOF themed sets from Topps because outside of Topps Chrome their football stuff is usually abysmal. Plus the rookies usually flame out now or get arrested so I'd rather have the HOF stuff.

Don’t look for Topps to get into the NASCAR trading card arena, but it will actively pursue winning back the right to produce basketball cards before the NBA license comes up for renewal and, related to that, expressed interest in making WNBA cards as well. Panini is the league’s current licensee.
    Don't really care for NASCAR stuff but that shows you how soft the market is for the stuff when Topps won't even get into it even though they are looking for more revenue. Shouldn't be that shocking though because I don't think they have ever released a NASCAR set before but I'm not 100% positive.

I don't know how many people will want them to be back with the NBA license or the WNBA but hopefully if they do get their license back for basketball Upper Deck does as well. It would be weird for everyone to have a license for basketball except for the company with exclusive rights to Lebron James and Michael Jordan.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content