Thread: New PC HELP!

New PC HELP!

Ok so I've been out of the hobby for awhile and want to get back in with a PC! I use to collect Oshie but sold everything because I found another Oshie collector that I rather move it to because it became far too large to keep up with. So now i ask you guys who you think from the guys below would be the best to collect. I'm looking for someone not too pricey but that has good upside or is already good.

Jori Lehtera: Incoming i have his /3 White Hot from Fleer and KHL 1/1, however i feel the price of his cards is getting to be higher than I thought. I also don't want to deal with the Finnish fan base too much. Im a huge blues fan and don't feel like spending the amount it takes to collect Tarasenko and Schwartz. Lehtera is the perfect guy to collect on the Blues just wonder how much he will reach come the cup.

Petteri Linbohm: Incoming i have his YG /100, SPGU /48 and SPA /999. Smaller player but Blues rookie and is going to be playing a lot more this year. His prices are really cheap but not sure exactly what his future brings

Rocco Grimaldi: Grew up playing against him and he's in a smaller market, which is good for collecting. The Florida patches are awesome only thing is spending a decent amount on him at the moment could be bad because he hasn't proven he will stick in the NHL. The guy scores at every level, which leads me to believe he will be ok.

just wondering who you guys think out of these 3 would be the best

2. Check out the deals at Allgood Collectibles eBay Store
    Lehtera has the biggest potential and may even breakout next season so he would be the most expensive but the biggest upside. He had a very good seasons in the KHL and a 44pt rookie is nothing to sneeze at.

Lindbohm and Gramaldi will be a lot cheaper just due to the fact that Lindbohm is a D and Gramaldi plays for FLO.

If you want consistently cheap go for Lindbohm or Gramaldi.
    Collecting:
    Vintage PSA Rookies of star players (80s, 70s, 60s, 50s...)
    site: Hidden Content

I don't think Grimaldi will have that big a fan base because 1) he plays for Florida (as you already mentioned), and 2) his outspoken "beliefs" will turn some people the wrong way.

Don't know anything about Lindbohm, but being a defenseman will hold down his card values.

Lehtera is older. That means his "prime" will come a lot more quickly, so you'll know in a year or two what his true potential is, rather than having to wait 4 or 5 years for Grimaldi. He'll also be overshadowed by Tarasenko and Schwartz, so that will hold down his demand unless he breaks out and plays better than them in a Cup run.
    SHARKS and CAPITALS Fan +++ Tomas Hertl cards: 512 & counting Hidden Content ...... Hidden Content
    Whales: 03-04 Topps Pristine Die-Cut Gold Refractor #67 Sergei Gonchar (#/33)

Lohtera is good but he's like 500 years old in prospect/rookie/young players years...

Basically another Soderberg...

Good luck with whoever you decide to PC !
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    PC's: Martin Brodeur, Ed Belfour, Jhonas Enroth, Marc-Andre Fleury, Carey Price

Pick a player that you are going to stick with regardless of they get traded/sign with another team, and a player who you will have fun collecting. Out of your three options, Grimaldi seems like the best option to me as you have somewhat of a connection to him.

Don't collect what we tell you to, collect whats going to make you happy
    Collecting:
    Lee Stempniak
    (96.9%, 28 1/1's, 5 Gamers, 3 Sticks) & Cal Clutterbuck (91.0%, 21 1/1's, 1 Stick)
    Also always looking for Paul Stastny & Current Sabres RC's
    Click link for: Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by geschrocks33 View Post
    Pick a player that you are going to stick with regardless of they get traded/sign with another team, and a player who you will have fun collecting. Out of your three options, Grimaldi seems like the best option to me as you have somewhat of a connection to him.

Don't collect what we tell you to, collect whats going to make you happy
    Truer words have never been written!

If you really want to truely PC a player, you shouldn't be concerned with what they will be worth. You should only PC a plyer if you have no intention of ever selling them. You can collect cards of players to invest in, fine. But if you really want to PC a guy and buy ever card you can of him, then you can't worry about what the value is, because you WILL have to overpay to get some cards.

And like geshrocks said, if you have a connection to a player, then you can be free to collect him no matter what team he gets traded to. I have never understood people that collect cards of players on their team and then just sell them when he gets traded/signs with another team. Doesn't make sense to me, and it is undoubtedly a money-losing habit.

You basically have to make the decision: Are you going to only buy cards that are good investment ideas? Then your PC collection will be limited to about 3 or 4 cards with a nice The Cup RPA, etc. Wont be much of a PC, but you might have a chance of making your money back some day. Or are you going to truely PC the guy? Then you will pay $25 for that old OPC blank back or that jersey-numbered UD Exclusives card because its the only one you have ever seen, even though its not really worth more than $10. But you'll be happy to do it too...

I have spent a lot of money on Tomas Hertl #d cards, only to buy another one when I finally tracked down his #48 card. So I have wasted a lot of money that I didn't need to spend. But I don't care because I was happy to get the second version. That is why I collect. I know full well that I will never get back the money I have spent on his cards, but it will be my ancestors that try to sell them, not me.
    Last edited by Sharky94; 08-08-2015 at 11:15 AM.
    SHARKS and CAPITALS Fan +++ Tomas Hertl cards: 512 & counting Hidden Content ...... Hidden Content
    Whales: 03-04 Topps Pristine Die-Cut Gold Refractor #67 Sergei Gonchar (#/33)

Don't let someone tell you what/who to collect. My only advice is - if you get excited (maybe not the right choice of wording) or a "wow" factor when you see a certain card, that would seemingly be a logical indicator on who/what to collect.
    #1: Barrasso
    Others: Lemieux, Penguins cards that look good to me
    Need Barrasso ITG Used Nameplates and Crosby NT Base Silver, Gold, Emerald

Quote Originally Posted by OsgoodnMason View Post

Rocco Grimaldi: Grew up playing against him

Can't go wrong with collecting somebody you have a personal connection with.