Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Did I overpay for this Ultimate Shield

Paid 490 for this.....did I overpay?

Last edited by OsgoodnMason; 08-15-2015 at 03:15 AM.

2. Check out Steel City Collectibles Clearance Center
    No its awesome just enjoy the card dude! I've way overpaid for stuff like that better than thinking oh I wish I would have bought that card latter on in life.
    Super Collecting Marian Hossa

is it worth $500 to you?

if it is then I would say you didn't overpay.

in terms of actual sale value I would say it is probably right on par of what it should go for maybe a little bit of an overpayment maybe a bit of an underpayment, but I could be wrong as shields are one of a kinds.

I am sure we've all felt like we've over paid for a card (I know I have) but if i hadn't gotten the card I likely wouldn't have been able to get another copy.

Awesome card btw!
    Last edited by dupariel; 08-15-2015 at 12:51 AM.

For getting a rookie shield card right after release I think that's a pretty fair price to pay. I've seen rookie shields go for a lot more than that. If it's a player you like to collect you shouldn't be worried about overpaying because you may never see it again.

I think this price was right where it needed to be. It's immediately after the release, so prices are usually toward the upper half of the spectrum. No need to worry, and PC card like that is worth it!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    PC's: Martin Brodeur, Ed Belfour, Jhonas Enroth, Marc-Andre Fleury, Carey Price

It's your money, your collecting preferences. Screw what others think. You obviously wanted it bad enough to pay that amount. I would not pay that much for that card but then again, you would not pay what I've paid for some Mike Liut cards lol. At the end of the day, it's a hobby ... and a hell of a lot cheaper than doing cocaine.

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Victor Mete, and
    Young Guns graded BGS 9.5.

We can give some hints, but how you feel, that's the main point.
    It's our Jori, wow! Great card, enjoy!

Harri

It's a:

1/1
    Rookie
    Shield
    Rookie Auto

Nope, you did not overpaid... You stole it.

Nobody else can have it.

I would gladly pay $1,000 for my pc Rookie Shield Auto.

You paid more than I would have. Shields are becoming more and more common as well.

But who cares? You have it and no one else does. There's a chance it could sell for more than that tomorrow, next season and well into the future.

I don't think about how I overpaid for some cards in my PC, I just think about the PC itself and that keeps me going. I would love to have a 1/1 shield in my PC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast