Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mr2latino's Items on eBay

I wonder if this will encourage a purging of ITG cards onto the market by collectors who have lost confirdence...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

I wonder if this will encourage a purging of ITG cards onto the market by collectors who have lost confirdence...

Most definitely.

I've already seen a couple sale/trade threads both here and on other forums from collectors that prior to this ordeal wouldn't have even considered moving some of the cards they have listed now.

I mailed out 265 ITG cards to COMC Monday that they received Wednesday and should be on the site live between 9/9 and 10/14. Those are 265 cards that I had no intentions of moving 2 weeks ago, now I'm willing to take a loss on them and just be done with them. Everything ITG but my Motown Madness Autos, Patches, and Goaltenders set will be slowly making their way to the market in the upcoming months.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I have noticed a lot of people purging their ITG cards as well. Other than Mike Liut (my main PC) I have no intention of acquiring much in the way of any ITG cards at this point ... at least until the dust settles.

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (489)
    Country
    Upper Deck ePack

I am willing to buy any I need for 2004-05 ITG Franchises all series. Otherwise I will not buy any other product unless they are going extremely cheap. If you look on D&A they can't even sell the 2013-14 BTP for $29.99.
    Collecting; Autos, GU'd & RC of Red Wings, Brodeur, Hasek & Shanahan and ITG 2004-05 Franchises. Motown Madness & Broad Street Boys.
    Want List: Hidden Content
    Trade List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

ITGU seems to be selling well on ebay... Much to my dismay.

SCF Rewards
    Country

ITGU seems to be selling well on ebay... Much to my dismay.

Different company now
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Most definitely.

I've already seen a couple sale/trade threads both here and on other forums from collectors that prior to this ordeal wouldn't have even considered moving some of the cards they have listed now.

I mailed out 265 ITG cards to COMC Monday that they received Wednesday and should be on the site live between 9/9 and 10/14. Those are 265 cards that I had no intentions of moving 2 weeks ago, now I'm willing to take a loss on them and just be done with them. Everything ITG but my Motown Madness Autos, Patches, and Goaltenders set will be slowly making their way to the market in the upcoming months.

Sad but true. Hate to see this sort of thing happening but we all have to do what we think is best for our long-term collecting future. I hope you can get more than $3.33 per card.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

I have a question here. While this type of nonsense is disgusting, why would it have a major affect on EVERY card produced? I would assume most of their mem/auto pieces have been released through their "Vault" releases. All we have seen are some extra base sets released. Again, I'm not condoning the practice...far from it...but is it not an overreaction to start dumping entire collections over some extra Forever Rivals and Motown base sets?

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

The problem is that without any real info, that I don't suspect we'll ever see, it's impossible to know what sets are affected. I'm working (slowly) on a set of 11-12 BTP masked men silver. Should be limited to 90 copies. I'm about 1/3 of the wah through. How many extras are out there? 10? 20? 50? None? Probably none..... But I don't know.

I'm still going to work on the set, but my purchase prices have been adjusted, and most eBay sellers asked too much anyway.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

I have a question here. While this type of nonsense is disgusting, why would it have a major affect on EVERY card produced? I would assume most of their mem/auto pieces have been released through their "Vault" releases. All we have seen are some extra base sets released. Again, I'm not condoning the practice...far from it...but is it not an overreaction to start dumping entire collections over some extra Forever Rivals and Motown base sets?

It's not just extra base sets it's extra everything, including auto's and GU. There's already a couple of people who have discovered more than the stated print run of GU cards (6 Justin Bailey H&P patch cards when the print run is /5, 4 Rick Vaive Decades Emblems when the print run is /3, a Chet Pickard Autothreads /9 has seen a 10th copy), all of those cards the extra copy has come from either DA or Steelcity both of whom have hundreds of ITG singles possibly all extra's to the stated print runs. It's likely that any ITG GU or Auto the stated print run is no longer correct.

Then you have ITG cards on the market that shouldn't exist, A mike Vernon Motown Auto that was never released is now out on the market along with BAP auto's of Roy and Cujo that were never released and an International Ice quad that was never released is now on the market as well, care to guess the seller of these?

You can no longer trust any ITG checklists or print runs until Dr. Price comes out and can verify exactly what was released in the recent backdoor shenanigans but that will never happen. Not just base sets, everything has been affected.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast