Thread: First ever BkB Auto Card?

Question First ever BkB Auto Card?

What was the First real Auto Card Set/Company and what year was it?Also is there a way to look up this info.

2. Check out Steel City Collectibles Clearance Center
    Im not positive about what was definately "first" and its debatable what people consider a mainstream issue but Starpics released a box set in 90 that had randomly inserted draft pic autos. Followed in 92 by a Classic Draft Pick set that was issued in Sets, Blisters and wax that contained the first widely accepted autos including Shaq. Fleer Followed this up with the release of 3 or 4 autos in its 92-93 release.......after that the floodgates flew open and autos were everywhere.

My first auto Basketball card was Dirk Nowitzki...

Thanks I was just curious. Also is there a place I could research this? I did a google search and all I find is people trying to sell stuff.

There is a way to research it, but alas I cant post it here as its not allowed.....sorry

the first NBA auto'd cards came out in 91-92 with hoops releasing Dikembe mutumbo and dominique wilkins subsets, each featuring an auto of them. and upper deck released a jerry west subset featuring an auto of him. hope this helps.

Yes that helps alot. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoza
    the first NBA auto'd cards came out in 91-92 with hoops releasing Dikembe mutumbo and dominique wilkins subsets, each featuring an auto of them. and upper deck released a jerry west subset featuring an auto of him. hope this helps.