Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: TTM Help

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Philadelphia 76ers Philadelphia Phillies Boston Red Sox
    See pri.madel's Items on eBay Instagram:

TTM Help

I have some questions about TTM.

- Do you hang write or type your letter?
    - How long is it?
    - Do you attach a SASE?
    - Have you ever gotten a game-used item from anyone? If so, who?

BANNED

Country

yes u send a stamped envelope, my letters are about a half page or less.. just tell them how much u like them and are a big fan and maybe something special u saw that certain player make or do..like for example say with mike trout lets say u went to a game and he made a diving catch to save 2 runs.. just as a example..i have never asked for a game used items..i think asking is going way beyond ur request since u are already asking for that players auto.. not that it hasn't been done I have heard that the te for the colts fleener has sent some people his gloves...but to make it simple get right to the point.. hope this helps.. I hand write all my letter.. to me its more personal. but that's up to you..

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See quikgrif3's Items on eBay

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

The size of the letter and typed or printed are as varied as there are stars in the sky. Many folks say they do nothing but handwritten. I prefer to type mine as my printing is slow and horrible. The sad fact is that there are now players who were never even taught cursive (horrible lack in American education) and would have an easier time reading a printed page that an written one. I know folks who fit their requests on an index card and other who write pages. The longest I had ever written was just short of four pages to the late great Stan The Man Musial. He must have liked what I said as he signed my 8x10 for me with no fees. It is very important to always send a SASE with every request. Why would you ever expect the celebrity to do you the favor of autographing an item for you and then also pay to mail it back to you? That has to be the rudest thing I have hear folks try to do! That brings along the next must. Please be polite to those folks you are writing to. Thank them for their time and do not send an excess of items! It upsets me to see someone send a player 5 to 30 items asking them to sign for free and mail them back? Should you want more than a few signed items, be polite and write them back another time and ask for the other items to be signed. Folks who ask for so many items makes the star feel as if everyone is trying to get their signatures to sell on ebay and not to add to their collection. It makes some people stop signing period. I have never asked a player for a game used item. I have at times added a single question on an index card when I mail out to players. I have gotten many handwritten responses on those and they are a unique part of my collection. Best of luck!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Make sure you do your research, if it isnt certain that they accept requests, I wouldnt send to them, get some easy ones first. What sport/sports are you trying to ttm

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See daytondragon's Items on eBay

- Do you hang write or type your letter? Type, I think it makes it easier to read and as long as you don't make it sound like a form letter you should be ok. I always sign my letter though.

- How long is it? Mine is usually a page long. Intro paragraph telling them that Im a fan and why. Second paragraph telling them why Im writing and what I would like. Last paragraph thanking them for there time and wishing them well.

- Do you attach a SASE? ALWAYS!! Never expect someone to pay for return postage when you are asking them for something.

- Have you ever gotten a game-used item from anyone? If so, who? No, but Ive never asked for anything other than an auto on what I send. I figure if they want to send something extra they will.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Baltimore Orioles Philadelphia Phillies

Used batting glove from Andre Dawson sent ball and a nice letter thanking him for being the player he was and sent the ball back signed and a batting glove.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See daytondragon's Items on eBay

Nice camsue!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I have some questions about TTM.

- Do you hang write or type your letter? When I was on my old job I used to type up a letter because my handwriting is downright terrible. Now since I don't have access to print I handwrite all my ttm requests but would type them if I could.
    - How long is it? no more than 1 page
    - Do you attach a SASE? always if you expect to get a reply back
    - Have you ever gotten a game-used item from anyone? If so, who? No GU but I occasionally have ballplayers throw in extra autos or other items.

Responses in bold.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Philadelphia 76ers Philadelphia Phillies Boston Red Sox
    See pri.madel's Items on eBay Instagram:

Thank you to everyone for their help. I have been VERY lucky these past months, tallying in 24 game-used items in 2016 alone! Has anyone ever gotten game-used items ttm?