Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

UD Photo Gallery - 2015-16 Upper Deck Buybacks

Full viewing album here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...8633950&type=3

We’ve been hearing a lot of buzz about our new product 2015-16 UD Buybacks. While we are still waiting for some of the players to send back their cards. We thought we’d give you a sneak peek at some of the cards we have gotten back. Along with some previously signed cards we've been picking up, that will be finding their way into the packs. Look for more details about 2015-16 UD Buybacks as we get more autographs back. Enjoy!

Newly-Signed Cards

Actual Buyback Autographs

Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Oh and there's even a base set with parallels. Because why not?

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Some cool looking stuff, but I fail to understand the point of cards that were already signed being in this one......

Maybe when a checklist comes out, it will be a little more obvious?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rydlar99's Items on eBay

Huh... Seems like a way to basically put an expo redemption program into packs. I hope others like this, it's not for me though.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Toronto Blue Jays
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Nothing for me to chase so far. I will wait to see what the checklist is going to look like before deciding on this product. It will be interesting to see i) the price point and ii) the level of player for the auto buybacks (i.e. are they all Gretzky, Lemieux, Jagr level or will there be some lower end players too).

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

Some cool looking stuff, but I fail to understand the point of cards that were already signed being in this one......

Maybe when a checklist comes out, it will be a little more obvious?

It is called Buyback, after all. Plus, there's a Beliveau auto in the main gallery. So it helps get a few more of those into people's hands.

Nothing for me to chase so far. I will wait to see what the checklist is going to look like before deciding on this product. It will be interesting to see i) the price point and ii) the level of player for the auto buybacks (i.e. are they all Gretzky, Lemieux, Jagr level or will there be some lower end players too).

There's always bums. But you don't post bums in the first preview gallery. Or the second. LOL

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

I loved the idea until I noticed it was 2 cards per box. That's a little ridiculous. At that point it's pretty much like buying singles except you don't know what you're getting. Part of the fun of busting wax is that some packs have hits and some don't. With this it's like "here's your base card and here's your hit and you're done".

I would have liked to see a more normally proportioned product (24 or 36 packs per box/ 5 cards per pack) where every card is from a previous UD release. Most are common base cards, some are inserts, and one or two are autographed buybacks.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Yeah, I don't get this. You are still paying for the hits. You are still opening up a "new" pack, so you are paying premium money for who knows what? And if you do happen to get one of the newly-signed cards, there is nothing on it to indicate that it came from UD and looks like you just took the old card and got it signed yourself. I am sure for the price of one of those boxes, you could take any of those blank cards to a card show and get the auto you wanted of the player you wanted and not have to play the lottery.
    Last edited by Sharky94; 09-14-2015 at 02:27 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

Yeah, I don't get this. You are still paying for the hits. You are still opening up a "new" pack, so you are paying premium money for who knows what? And if you do happen to get one of the newly-signed cards, there is nothing on it to indicate that it came from UD and looks like you just took the old card and got it signed yourself. I am sure for the price of one of those boxes, you could take any of those blank cards to a card show and get the auto you wanted of the player you wanted and not have to play the lottery.

I'm assuming that the buyback cards come with an official certificate of authenticity. Usually that's what Upper Deck does with buybacks. And that makes all the difference for resale value.

I once pulled a John LeClair buyback from 03/04 Upper Deck (I think) and it came with a COA. Sold it on eBay years later for $80. If I would have got the same card autographed in person I probably would have got maybe a few bucks for it if I was lucky.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (58)
    Country

"We’ve been hearing a lot of buzz about our new product 2015-16 UD Buybacks"

LOL really? I honestly haven't heard a single positive comment since it was announced. :D

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast