Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

SCF Rewards
    Country

I dont know the laws for the state of New York either but that's gotta be criminal anywhere. I mean, if I understand what happened correctly, the mom planted false evidence. I dunno know, that's gotta be more than " unethical" in the eyes of the law. Crazy story getting crazier.

That's not planting false evidence. That's making up a story. As the DA pointed out, highly unethical but not illegal. If she were on trial and made up this story, that would also be a crime.

Planting false evidence would be if she broke into the police station and swapped out the actual rape kit for the "rape kit"

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Okay, someone help me out, where did this evidence bag come from? For some reason I thought the mother set this up?

That's not planting false evidence. That's making up a story. As the DA pointed out, highly unethical but not illegal. If she were on trial and made up this story, that would also be a crime.

Planting false evidence would be if she broke into the police station and swapped out the actual rape kit for the "rape kit"

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 519waf's Items on eBay

Okay, someone help me out, where did this evidence bag come from? For some reason I thought the mother set this up?

Believe that I read the bag was given to the mother or daughter to take home to put a blouse/top in that was worn the evening of the alleged attack. Apparently the lady had changed her top before going to get the rape kit testing done.
    Looking for D. Keon, T. Horton, P Henderson Leaf rookies

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Whoever schemed this up needs to be charged and sent to prison. I don't care about the motivations, fraudulently altering the facts of the case is almost as despicable as the crime that Kane is accused of.

Not even a little bit close. It's certainly unappealing and contemptible, but let's not forget that the crime in question here is the alleged sexual degradation of another human being.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Fair point, however I would not dismiss being accused of sexual assault as unappealing and contemptible.

Not even a little bit close. It's certainly unappealing and contemptible, but let's not forget that the crime in question here is the alleged sexual degradation of another human being.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    See anth-toop's Items on eBay

Fair point, however I would not dismiss being accused of sexual assault as unappealing and contemptible.

He didn't say that being accused of sexual assault was unappealing and contemptible. He's saying that what the mother did was unappealing and contemptible.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Committing sexual assault is a pretty despicable act. Consciously setting someone up to be falsely accused of sexual assault is pretty insane as well. That was my original and final point.

He didn't say that being accused of sexual assault was unappealing and contemptible. He's saying that what the mother did was unappealing and contemptible.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    See anth-toop's Items on eBay

Committing sexual assault is a pretty despicable act. Consciously setting someone up to be falsely accused of sexual assault is pretty insane as well. That was my original and final point.

"Consciously setting someone up to be falsely accused of sexual assault is pretty insane as well."

I agree 100%.

Insane? Absolutely. Illegal? Apparently not. I agree that it is bizarre that someone could make up a story and not get prosecuted, but it is not against the law. That's all I'm sayin'.

Did Patrick Kane do what the accuser alleges? With little physical evidence and one statement to go by, nobody knows and it might be up to a grand jury to decide. His past certainly makes it seem that this kind of thing might happen, but he is not charged with a crime at this point and it may never get to that because I have a feeling this will be dropped.

End result? I think the lack of evidence will get Kane off with this and the accuser, her mother and her former lawyer will have egg on their faces and be ridiculed. I think Kane should undergo counseling as well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123