Thread: Topps Autographs....

Angry Topps Autographs....

I just noticed this but all topps autographs are on stickers. I think they have the person sign the sticker and later put it on the card. Im very disapointed in this since I have many Topps auto cards.

Am I wrong on somepart of this? What do you guys think of this?

2. Check out the Auctions from Packrip.com
    that is how the sticker auto's work...they send the players the stickers, they sign them and send them back and are then put on the cards....i dont know anything about newer basketball, but i know there are a few real nice topps on-card autos in their football products....the topps rookie premieres are always one of the most collected autographs of the year....does basketball have something similar?

Quote Originally Posted by theproudestmonkey
    that is how the sticker auto's work...they send the players the stickers, they sign them and send them back and are then put on the cards....i dont know anything about newer basketball, but i know there are a few real nice topps on-card autos in their football products....the topps rookie premieres are always one of the most collected autographs of the year....does basketball have something similar?
    yes like all the luxury autos, uhh and all the celebrity autos are from what ive seen in bball

the sticker autos are quickly becomming the norm in the hobby....for one, it has to be cheaper to ship the sticker than the cards (as if the companies cant afford some extra shipping costs!!), and two, they can just get a player to sign ALL the stuff at once, rather than waiting for each individual set....dont mistake this as my approval...i hate sticker autos!! unfortunately, most of the time you gotta take what you can get. most of the on card autos seem to be the high end products, and sometimes those cards just aren't affordable

basketball has an SP authentic set, right? they are probably the most popular football autos out there (on card autos), but are also super expensive...i would have to think hard between paying $400 for an on card auto of a player, or $100 for a sticker auto of the same guy from a cheaper product....just my opinions on the sticker autos....i hate them, but sometimes you just dont have a choice

regular topps from 06, most of the autos are on the cards themselves