I want to trade this card but don't know the BV. I have a

2003-04 Bowman #140 Carmelo Anthony 10 GEM MINT

Graded by GEM company.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    Alex
    Hidden Content
    Collecting Toronto Raptors Cards and Michael Jordan

2. Check out Steel City Collectibles Clearance Center
    i can tell you this, GEM is about as bad of a grading company out there....personally, i wouldn't pay, or put any kind of premium even on a 10

hi theproudestmonkey,
    I agree somewhat, I personally think ALL grading companys are useless, unless its to verify a card to be authentic (like a Jordan RC) I got this card in a trade, that's why I don't even know the value. but thanks for your opinion.
    Hidden Content

Feb. Beckett Graded section says $60 Gem Mint
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content -----------------------------------------------
    Looking for Shaq,Reggie,Pacers,Colts,Oddballs,and U.K. Uniform or logo Cards.

well, since you were asking about a BV, thats what my response was based on....BGS gem mint cards carry a premium of about 2.5x....cant say the same for a GEM gem mint card.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqfan46013
    Feb. Beckett Graded section says $60 Gem Mint
    yeah, but correct me if im wrong, but that price is based on a BGS or PSA gem mint card, right?

Shaqfan46013,
    Thanks for the help.... really appreciate it!

theproudestmonkey:
    so you are saying the card would be 2.5 X less in BV cause it's GEM? let me know if that's what your saying? or are you saying that PSA would be 2.5 X more?

Anyways thanks guys for the help!
    Hidden Content

say you have a $20 card

if it is graded Gem Mint PSA 10, or Gem Mint BGS 9.5, it would be worth about 2.5x the raw value, or $50

if it is graded Gem Mint GEM 10, it would be worth about the same as the raw value....maybe $30

sorry, but thats just the way it is....look at the population reports....probably about 1/3 of the cards sent to GEM come back a gem mint 10....the numbers for BGS and PSA are probably more like 1/100....maybe even more....they just aren't a reliable 3rd party grader, and the market value reflects this

They have a scale and BGS ,GAI , SGC are the top. And PSA is among the other on the low scale.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content -----------------------------------------------
    Looking for Shaq,Reggie,Pacers,Colts,Oddballs,and U.K. Uniform or logo Cards.

dude, you show me somewhere where PSA is at the bottom, and i will send you some free cards!! i got a basketball beckett in front of me right now (its out dated, but same deal) here is an example for ya:

jordan rookie BGS 9 (mint) is $3000
    jordan rookie PSA 9 (mint) is $1600
    jordan rookie SGC 96 (mint) is $1200
    jordan rookie other company (mint) is $1000

that was with a raw value of $900 (june of 04)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast