Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Country

Though I hate stricking out at least these other stories help me not feel so bad when I do!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See GmBs82's Items on eBay

When I was alot younger, the local amvets post used to have bi weekly card shows nothing crazy but they used to have free signings of Buffalo Sabres. I've got successes from Peca, Rob Ray, Bob Sweeney, Brad May, and others from these shows. One show in particular was suppose to be Dominik Hasek at on of the signings. Well he never showed up.... Turns out that was the night of his DWI lol. It was devastating because I was probably about 12 or 13 at the time. A friend of mine is a new season ticket holder of the Sabres and said hey guess who I'm going to meet next week.... Dominik Hasek!!! Knowing that I collect autos he offered to take a puck for me! 20 years later success!!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I am not a huge fan of hotel graphing, but the Raiders were in town and Jerry Rice was them! Greatest of All Time and a friend called and told me he had gotten his auto on Saturday at the hotel. I showed up at like 6 am on Sunday to the hotel and was thrilled to see that they allowed us inside. I was able to get Gruden as he returned from his morning workout and Joe Thiesman who was there to do an interview. Eventually the players started heading down to team breakfast and the man was there! There were only a few of us at the hotel and the first guy asked him for an autograph and it was on a 49'ers item. He quickly said no Niners stuff! I think he was still miffed with them at the time. The next guy held out a ball and he just said not today it's game day! I knew at that point I was done for! I was able to add a HOF player that day though as Willie Brown was great and signed two cards for me. I also was able to get Jerry Rice TTM a few years ago when he was with ESPN!
    Hidden Content ~ best SCF feature ever!
    Go Mets, Colts, Reds and The Ohio State University
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

John Elway... my white whale... been around him with about 3-10 other people there for autographs TWICE now and he either says "not now, maybe later" or "not tonight guys"... :(

SCF Rewards
    Country

In 2006 I went to a Boston @ Atlanta series and got 2 balls thrown to me from JT Snow. I wandered over to the dugout and the only person signing for the Sox was Terry Francona. He signs everything to my left, gets to me and a fan yells "Arizona Wildcats!" which is apparently Francona's Aluma Mater. It catches his attention just enough that he skips me and continues to sign before heading into the dugout. I was disappointed but hey I still had 2 balls tossed to me from JT Snow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12