Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112

Thread: McDavid YG prices

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mr2latino's Items on eBay

Yeah. Shipping to Canada would have been $13 & $8 on those two auctions. That's $145 & $150 USD total, which is $200 CAD.

While that may be true, it still doesn't dispute the fact that the price is dropping fast...not too long ago that card was going for over $200 USD...which is ~$280 CAD. That's a 28.5% reduction in CAD.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

While that may be true, it still doesn't dispute the fact that the price is dropping fast...not too long ago that card was going for over $200 USD...which is ~$280 CAD. That's a 28.5% reduction in CAD.

If you're looking solely at eBay and cherry-picking yeah I would say it's "dropping fast" but that's not the whole of the hobby. You also have to take into consideration that he hasn't played in a month now. He should be back in a few weeks and once he resumes his torrid scoring pace you'll see it back up over $200.

I would also like to think that the Christmas season comes into play a little bit. Hopefully people aren't dropping $200+ on cards when they've got their loved ones to think about.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mr2latino's Items on eBay

If you're looking solely at eBay and cherry-picking yeah I would say it's "dropping fast" but that's not the whole of the hobby. You also have to take into consideration that he hasn't played in a month now. He should be back in a few weeks and once he resumes his torrid scoring pace you'll see it back up over $200.

I would also like to think that the Christmas season comes into play a little bit. Hopefully people aren't dropping $200+ on cards when they've got their loved ones to think about.

Ebay is not the whole hobby, but it is the biggest marketplace for singles and therefore it almost unilaterally sets the market price. I think it’s a safe bet to assume that whenever someone quotes a SV, it gets it from ebay.

You are also assuming that he resumes his torrid pace…even if he does (I don’t think he will this season, considering he’s had major surgery and is a 1st year pro), I doubt it goes back up that much. Reason being the same as it is every year; RCs/YGs are generally the highest at their debut. Look at Panarin, he’s almost at a PPG and his YG is selling in the ~$20 CAD range. What the drove the price of McDavid’s YG is the hype, not his on-ice production.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112