Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worst Sports Card Set Ever?

Question Worst Sports Card Set Ever?

My vote for worst sports card set ever would have to go to 1991 Fleer Baseball.

An ugly design and there is nobody in the set worth over 50 cents.

And the sad thing is I remember people buying these back in 1991 when they were actually "hot" cards.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Re: Worst Sports Card Set Ever?

Originally posted by pwaldo
    My vote for worst sports card set ever would have to go to 1991 Fleer Baseball.

An ugly design and there is nobody in the set worth over 50 cents.

And the sad thing is I remember people buying these back in 1991 when they were actually "hot" cards.
    Is that the set that was yellow? I think I bought at least one box of that crap back then. I think the Topps sets in the late 80s were really bad. That 1990 set is pretty ugly as well.

I'd say the worst set ever is 1989 Topps, really don't like that design, but the player selection is decent.

Tim

it's a tie b/t 1988 Donruss baseball cards

and

Pro Set cards in football (forgot which years those were, probably about 1990-1992).

Most beautiful cards are the one made by Upper Deck, and of course, any vintage card from the pre-1970s Topps.

I'm going with any 1988 baseball cards. Not necessarily because of the look of them but just because they made sooooo many. I also have sooooo many. I would throw them out before I moved em. :)

BGray
    SCF Founder
    BIG Props to everyone at SCF as you chase 14 Million posts!

I have to go with 89 Topps, just an absolutely ugly design...

Bgray..I believe I read somewhere that over 1 billion of Donruss baseball cards were produced. Not sure where I read it, but that number stuck in my mind.

Talk about a mind-blowing number.

I can pay for those 1988 Donruss cards cheaper now than when I paid for them back then.

Don't recall any worthy cards, other than Roberto Alomar rookie, but he's been sliding for past couple of years.

Re: Re: Worst Sports Card Set Ever?

Originally posted by radioheadfloyd
    Is that the set that was yellow? I think I bought at least one box of that crap back then. I think the Topps sets in the late 80s were really bad. That 1990 set is pretty ugly as well.
    Yes, it was a yellow set with black lines or something. Just looked horrible and there were no good rookies from the set to at least keep people buying it.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast