Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Blue Jays Fantasy Camp

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Blue Jays Fantasy Camp

This was the first year of the camp in Dunedin, FL headlined by Roberto Alomar. The two guys I wanted most, believe it or not, were Devon White and Darrin Fletcher, since I need them for my autographed 1997 Fleer Set. No luck with either of those guys but did decently. Actually went to the practice facility on the first day of camp and was told they were at a golf tournament. So, I drove there and figured out where they were playing, and got several guys to sign as they came off the 18th hole. Eventually security asked us why we were there but did not ask us to leave.

I got Lloyd Moseby on an SI and some cards (very nice guy). Kelly Gruber also signed all the cards I had of him. Homer Bush signed 4 cards, George Bell signed 3 cards and wasn't too happy about it.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

The final games were on the last day of camp. Spent most of the week being told that the game was not open to the public, then that it was. Gave it a shot and went to the stadium which was open. Got a few more cards signed by George Bell, also by Tanyon Sturtze. The big hit was getting Roberto Alomar to sign a ball and getting a picture with him.

Unfortunately, the other game was played on the workout fields and that's where Bell and Fletcher were. They never showed up at the stadium after their game completed, so I'll have to try for them again next year.

IMG_2359.jpgIMG_2360.jpgIMG_2358.jpgIMG_2351.jpg