Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @ncualoping10 See ncualoping10's Items on eBay

Chitownautos 2016 IP Success Thread

New year, new autograph goals for 2016! Most of these goals include "upgrading" some of my existing autographs in my collection, such as:

• Replacing my Sharpie autographed ROMLBs with blue ball point pen ROMLBs.
    • Replacing my autographed generic pucks with logo pucks.
    • Replacing my TTM autos over the years with IP autos of the same player.
    • Downsizing my collection when possible to cards, ROMLBs, pucks, and 8x10 photos.

Let's start the counter!

YEAR TO DATE: 0
    OFFICIAL: 0
    UNOFFICIAL: 0

SCF Rewards
    Country

Saturday, January 2, 2016

Chicago Wolves vs. Rockford IceHogs - Allstate Arena - UNOFFICIAL
    Marko Dano (Chicago Blackhawks) - 2/2 8x10 Photos
    Ryan Hartman (Chicago Blackhawks) - 2/2 8x10 Photos

I started off the 2016 year by going to the Chicago Wolves (St. Louis Blues affiliate) vs. Rockford IceHogs (Chicago Blackhawks affiliate) at the Allstate Arena in Chicago. Decided to focus on just the Blackhawks prospects and added Marko Dano and Ryan Hartman on 2/2 8x10 photos each. Both players were great to talk with and its a weird feeling that I'm starting to get autographs from players the same age as me.

YEAR TO DATE: 4
    UNOFFICIAL: 4
    Last edited by chitownautos; 01-16-2016 at 02:55 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

ESPN Chicago Radio Appearance - The Curragh Irish Pub (Chicago) - UNOFFICIAL
    Kyle Long (Chicago Bears) - 1/1 8x10 Photo

The Chicago Bears do a weekly radio show at different restaurants throughout Chicago and on the season finale was Bears Pro-Bowl lineman Kyle Long and soon to be Hall of Famer Brian Urlacher (who has hair!). They usually only have one player, but this week they had two so it was a bigger than usual crowd. On their way out of the restaurant, both players maybe signed 10 autographs each quickly and I was able to get Kyle Long on an 8x10 photo and just barely missed out on Brian Urlacher. Still happy with Long (I've gotten both players multiple times in the past).

YEAR TO DATE: 5
    UNOFFICIAL: 5

SCF Rewards
    Country

Friday, January 8, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks vs. Buffalo Sabres - United Center - UNOFFICIAL
    Artemi Panarin (Chicago Blackhawks) - 1/1 8x10 Photo, 1/1 Puck
    Jamal Mayers (Chicago Blackhawks) - 1/1 Puck
    Erik Gustafsson (Chicago Blackhawks) - 1/1 Puck
    Phillip Danault (Chicago Blackhawks) - 2/2 Pucks

I went to the Chicago Blackhawks game on Friday night against the Buffalo Sabres. During intermission, the Blackhawks do a live report from the arena, and former player and 2013 Stanley Cup Champ Jamal Mayers was part of the broadcasting crew. He signed for me a 2013 Stanley Cup Champs puck as he was finishing up. After the game, I got to meet rookies Artemi Panarin, Erik Gustafsson, and Phillip Danault on their way out of the stadium. Panarin signed 1 puck and 1 8x10 photo, Gustafsson signed 1 puck, and Danault signed 2 pucks. Panarin is leading all rookies in points so far this year, and is an absolute beast. He also doesn't speak English, so seeing him interact with fans after the game is really funny.

YEAR TO DATE: 11
    UNOFFICIAL: 11

SCF Rewards
    Country

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks vs. Nashville Predators - United Center - UNOFFICIAL
    Duncan Keith (Chicago Blackhawks) - 1/1 Puck
    Joel Quenneville (Chicago Blackhawks) - 1/1 Puck
    Artemi Panarin (Chicago Blackhawks) - 1/1 Magazine
    John McDonough (Chicago Blackhawks) - 1/1 Puck

I'm only home from school for a few more days so I went to another Chicago Blackhawks game because why not. I found Blackhawks President/CEO John McDonough walking around the concourse and I was able to get his auto on a puck. I usually carry around a puck because you never know who you're gonna run in to. After the game, I stood outside once again, this time it was -8 F with wind chill - yes I'm crazy. Head Coach Joel Quenneville stopped and I got him on a 2015 Stanley Cup Champs puck. Coach Q became the 2nd winningest coach in NHL history and also signed a 3-year contract extension, so he was in a good mood. Artemi Panarin has turned into a very reliable signer, and he signed a Blackhawks Magazine for me. After an hour of waiting, Duncan Keith was one of the last players to leave. By that time, there were only four of us left and he kindly stopped for us and I got him on a puck.

YEAR TO DATE: 15
    UNOFFICIAL: 15

SCF Rewards
    Country

Friday, January 15, 2016

Toni Kukoc Appearance - Macy's Water Tower Place Chicago - OFFICIAL
    Toni Kukoc (Chicago Bulls) - 2/2 8x10 Photos

Former Chicago Bull Toni Kukoc made an appearance at Macy's Water Tower Place on Michigan Ave. I was able to snag 2/2 8x10 photos from the 3x NBA Champ. Really nice guy and great to talk to.

YEAR TO DATE: 17
    OFFICIAL: 2
    UNOFFICIAL 15

SCF Rewards
    Country

Friday, January 15, 2016

2016 Chicago Cubs Convention - Sheraton Grand Chicago
    Fergie Jenkins (Chicago Cubs) Official - 1/1 ROMLB
    Rollie Fingers (Oakland A's) Official - 1/1 ROMLB
    Javier Baez (Chicago Cubs) Unofficial - 1/1 ROMLB

I went down to Chicago for the Toni Kukoc signing, but since the Chicago Cubs Convention was a few blocks away, I wanted to check it out. The Fergie Jenkins Foundation had a booth with former players Fergie Jenkins, Rollie Fingers, Lee Smith, and Bill Buckner signing autos for $20 each. I decided to get Fergie Jenkins and Rollie Fingers on ROMLBs w/ HOF inscriptions. Not a bad price in my opinion for 2 HOFers. Not sure why Rollie Fingers was there though (he never played for the Cubs). After, I waited in the lobby and got Javier Baez as he walked in on a ROMLB. He signed about 10 autos then got mobbed with people so he stopped. I was one of the last people to get him so I got lucky. I was only at the hotel for about an hour before I had to leave.

YEAR TO DATE: 20
    OFFICIAL: 4
    UNOFFICIAL: 16

SCF Rewards
    Country

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Illinois Fighting Illini Banquet - Champaign, IL - OFFICIAL
    Steve Garvey - 2/2 ROMLBs w/ "1974 NL MVP" inscription

The Illinois Fighting Illini athletic department hosted a banquet last week and featured former MLB player Steve Garvey as the keynote speaker. After the banquet, he stayed around and signed some autos. I got 2 ROMLBs signed by Garvey with "1974 NL MVP" inscriptions. Very nice guy and happy to add a non-Chicago athlete to my collection.

YEAR TO DATE: 22
    OFFICIAL: 6

SCF Rewards
    Country

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Indiana Pacers vs. Los Angeles Clippers - Bankers life Fieldhouse - OFFICIAL
    Scot Pollard (Indiana Pacers) - 1/0 8.5x11 Photo

I made the drive from Champaign to Indianapolis (about a 2 hour drive) to watch the Indiana Pacers vs. Los Angeles Clippers game. I think this was my first NBA game I've been to not in Chicago. Anyways, I've never been to Bankers Life Fieldhouse before, so I wasn't familiar with their autograph policies. I brought some stuff for players, but the stadium didn't open until 1 hour before and security was tight on the main level. I didn't even get the chance to make it down to the court but former Pacers player, Scot Pollard, was signing in the concourse. He signed an 8.5x11 photo that was provided so that was a nice compensation.

YEAR TO DATE: 23
    OFFICIAL: 7

SCF Rewards
    Country

March 21, 2016

Chicago Bulls vs. Sacramento Kings - United Center - UNOFFICIAL
    Ben McLemore (Sacramento Kings) - 2/2 2013-2014 Prestige
    Bill Wennington (Chicago Bulls) - 4/4 Cards

Wow it's been awhile. Been busy with school the last couple of months but home for spring break and trying to get in some graphs. I hit up the Chicago Bulls vs. Sacramento Kings game tonight and at least I got some graphs haha. Got there late, and missed some signers from both teams, but I managed to get Kings guard Ben McLemore 2/2 on my 2013-14 Prestige set. I just missed Rajon Rondo and Mike Dunleavy as they were signing right when I walked in, and Rudy Gay and Aaron Brooks I heard signed before as well. After, I got former Bulls player and current radio announcer Bill Wennington 4/4 on cards. So not the best, but at least its something.

YEAR TO DATE: 29
    OFFICIAL: 7
    UNOFFICIAL: 22

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast