Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question about this Topps Allen & Ginter Jeremy Roenick

So I came across this card on eBay a while ago and it looked gorgeous. It is from a Topps Allen & Ginter Baseball release but there are a handful of cards from other sports and even non-sports, so I realize I may have to ask about this on the baseball forums.

I haven't seen anything like this from the set and I thought perhaps it could be a fake. I had it sent to COMC.com cause it saved me money and I thought maybe they could recognize it as a fake it that happened to be the case. This card is not in hand, still on my comc but I would like to know if any of you have information as I cannot even find information about patch variations in this particular release.

Here is the card in question, any help would be appreciated!

Not sure. It looks much cooler than all of the other Roenick's on COMC. I did a quick search on E-Bay and COMC and didn't see patches like this in any other card from this set.
    COLLECTING NY RANGERS
    Most Wanted: 2012-13 Fleer Retro Auto 40 Messier, 2006-07 Parkhurst Auto 196 Esposito
    Downsizing my Rangers PC: Hundreds of cards available, check out my
    Hidden Content and my COMC account

I've seen one patch-like card from this set on eBay, I forget who it was but I think it was an actor. It also wasn't a patch just multiple colours and weird design.

And that's the problem. I haven't seen any patches on eBay or comc and when I look up information about the set I don't see any patch variations in the check-list or insertion odds.

4. Check out the Auctions from Packrip.com
    Seems like you have a pretty scarce card on your hands. I personally haven't seen any patches like this from the set. I would also be interested in learning more about this sweet card. Any Roenick collectors inquiring about it? Would probably get you something nice in return if you were to go that route.

Best of luck finding more info !
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    PC's: Martin Brodeur, Ed Belfour, Jhonas Enroth, Marc-Andre Fleury, Carey Price

Not sure if it is the same type of thing, but I have a few Allen & Ginter baseball cards. The cards are Lucite (plastic?) and the jersey/patches are completely encased within the card. It's really cool.
    Hidden Content
    Collecting: Hidden Content (95% complete) / Hidden Content (83.4% complete) / Eric Lindros (35% complete) / Ilya Kovalchuk (25% complete)...and to a lesser extent...Hidden Content (59% complete) / Hidden Content (42% complete) / Brian Propp (51% complete)

It isn't the same. This is from the standard memorabilia insert sets which come in horizontal or verticle. The card is not made of plastic (you're thinking of the framed minis) but the card material isn't like you'd see in other sets. There might be plastic involved. I haven't seen the Roenick GU card to even know if they used an actual hockey jersey or not. The other non-baseball subjects I have seen have regular clothing peices, shirts or pants.

Also, the only patches I've seen for 2015 Allen & Ginter are either in booklets or box loaders.

Here's the Roenick from ebay. Sold for less than $5.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/272044601060

Yeah, I'm the one who bought it :P I just wanna know why I haven't seen anything even remotely close to a patch like this in the past 6+ weeks I have been looking.

The front says 'Used-Memorabilia' The back says; This is a Genuine Topps Allen & Ginter Relic Card that Features Memorabilia From Jeremy Roenick. The Memorabilia contained in this card is not from any specific game, event or season.

So I am guessing that this is actually memorabilia worn by Roenick at some point but the memorabilia itself isn't linked to any specific time it was worn by Roenick, be it event or game worn. Not sure exactly. Didn't know the wording was so different from one sport to another.

It is possible that Ginter used a patchy type material for the Roenick, some of my non-sports memorabilia from that set are multi-colored so it is possible.
    Do something nice for someone everyday, it will pay off in the long run.

Let us Pray.Hidden Content

I don't know anything about the cards, but you can be pretty sure the logo is not GU. I don't know where a logo of that size would come from. That is a really small Shark, and there is nothing that size on a real jersey. That is too small for even a hat logo or a shoulder patch.
    SHARKS and CAPITALS Fan +++ Tomas Hertl cards: 512 & counting Hidden Content ...... Hidden Content
    Whales: 03-04 Topps Pristine Die-Cut Gold Refractor #67 Sergei Gonchar (#/33)

A&G doesn't always have game used stuff for people. I know for the stars and celebrities they use any type of clothing that they've worn so maybe it came from the closet of Jeremy Roenick? I doubt Topps would buy a game used jersey of him from hockey considering they haven't had a license for hockey in a long time.

So my vote would either be a very rare multicolored piece (since all I see on eBay are plain black ones) or a fake game used piece somebody altered
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast