Thread: Oilers

Oilers

Can anyone tell me if I bought those Connor McDavid jumbo logo cards are worth buying? I need to buy 6 to make the oilers logs. How many complete logos does upper deck make?

They're not a limited card, but if you check the completed sales on eBay you can get a good sense of the going rate for them. Though some people may not like them, many collectors are nonetheless shelling out pretty good dollars for the McDavids and other top guys. I know our site owner has put together the full Eichel puzzle.
    Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 241 Unique Cards + 14 1/1's!!!

2018-19 Habs Collections: Carey Price, Shea Weber, Brendan Gallagher, and Jonathan Drouin

Hidden Content

Well, they'll definitely be worth it to collectors. The ability to complete an Oilers logo piece with Connor McDavid's name on it will carry a lot of weight. Some of those logo cards have gone for a pretty penny, approximately $90-$150 per piece, if not a little more. So they won't come for cheap.

As for a print run, I couldn't find any info. Due to the fact that they are manufactured patches, I suspect UD printed as much as they could to keep a lot of collectors breaking and searching for as much of their new BD product as they could find.

Like any 'set' of something, and depending on the right collector, you could make a little return (If you were planning to sell?) but I don't think it would be worth it in the long run, especially after more and more of the product is broken and the secondary market is flooded, decreasing demand for a completed McDavid Oilers logo.

If you were looking into some McDavid's, and depending on your card budget, I would look into Young Guns (A 'staple' rookie card that holds more long-term value) or look into picking up some other big mem/auto rookies such as his SPA Future Watch Auto and/or his Cup Rookie Patch Auto /99 when UD The Cup is eventually released.

Just my 2 cents. Collect what you like and have fun with it! :)

Best of luck in your search for McDavid !
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    PC's: Martin Brodeur, Ed Belfour, Jhonas Enroth, Marc-Andre Fleury, Carey Price

Think about the 4 piece Logo sets Black Diamond had a couple years ago. Getting rid of the 4 Jerseys and putting in 2 with a partial logo in the background made jersey cards worth more than $1 again. I for one have all 4 Red Wings from that first year because that is what I collect, Red Wings logos.

This years Black Diamond takes it to the next level. These cards are highly sought after because they can be showcased in anyone's man-cave.

I for one think it would be worth it to get the 6 McDavid cards as I think he is the real deal and the Edmonton logo alone is worth showcasing. I'm just glad I'm a Wings' collector because I cannot afford McDavids right now. You have to take that into consideration. These are not rookie cards and may not hold value in the long-run. However if this is the beginning of a similar 80's dynasty where they start winning cups then it would be nice to have the 6 McDavid Logo cards commemorating the player that brought it all together.... if that were to happen then these cards would be an investment. Not something that you can bank on though, so it all comes down to collecting what you like.

Ya I bought all 6 on eBay and talked to upper deck and they said only 54 whole logos where made. I'm hoping the oilers win a cup because I have the 1st and 2nd autographed rookie cards that Beckett and JSA have seen (went to a signing with the oilers) that's what I'm hoping is worth something in the future . So guy told me I ruined the value of the card by getting his autograph , don't know if that is true or not.