Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: Upper Deck ePacks

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See reoddai002's Items on eBay

Looks very addicting. I would have hoped that since base card production had been reduced by over 10 fold that the price per pack would be cheaper. Perhaps they are hoping for limited foil runs which will make additional printing more expensive.

looking forward to the free daily pack though. Hope to score some foil base fromantic them. Might even encourage me to buy a pack or two.

Cheers,
    reoddai

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mikebraycomics's Items on eBay

Upper Deck is really pushing the Epacks at the All Star Fan Fest this weekend - they have several very lovely ladies all around their area talking them up and passing out info - you cant help but listen to whatever their telling you .... or something like that ....

SCF Rewards
    Country

All base cards for me with the freebie & the 2 packs that I purchased.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gallinator's Items on eBay

So, I ranted against this over on HI and still think it's a bad idea overall, but of course I had to try it! Bought two packs and got two YG: Hellebuyck and Panarin - not bad for $8, I guess. So, now I can either

1) Leave them there
    2) Have them shipped to me (for 2x25 cents?)
    3) "Transfer" them to my COMC account and add them to my inventory and eventual shipping or flipping?

Have to mess around with it a little more.

EDIT: OK, it was $3 plus 2x25 cents to ship to me, so I transferred them to my COMC account and they are there now, apparently ready to be sold/flipped or shipped to me. This is, at first thought,

a) too good to be true for a flipper or anyone looking to sell their duplicates
    b) horrible, horrible news for an LCS - and therefore, ultimately, a bad idea for the hobby.
    Last edited by Gallinator; 01-29-2016 at 05:23 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See vincecarter15ricknash61collector's Items on eBay

Signed up - all base. I can see myself taking the 10 seconds and opening the free pack each day, doubt I will purchase any. Call me crazy but when opening packs I like to have them in my hands.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Signed up - all base. I can see myself taking the 10 seconds and opening the free pack each day, doubt I will purchase any. Call me crazy but when opening packs I like to have them in my hands.

I agree, I would much rather open the packs in hand. I bought one e-pack and can't open it due to an error, never had that issue with my hands before! Haha

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think the concept is cool. I like that it gives a purpose to base cards (collect 10 for a foil parallel) without the clutter of massive amounts of worthless base cards. It also puts the freedom to bust packs immediately at your fingertips with wherever you are. This will be a great way for Upper deck to make money (just like other app companies).

I have many concerns though that outweigh the benefits. Upper deck desperately needs an app for this to be successful (looks like an android one is coming but what about iOS?) and this app needs to be sleek, free of bugs and provide a good user experience as historically upper decks online experience has been horrid. They need to provide a trading feature to keep the users engaged. I like that cards can be transferred to COMC but I believe COMC charges a monthly storage fee per card as well as a shipping costs (although shipping is a flat fee which is great for the end consumer). My biggest concern and what each and every buyer, distributer, and shop owner should be appalled over is being dupped on the 2015-16 ud1 stated print runs for product purchased. There were not 10 high gloss copies available through standard (physical) card purchases. I have not read the stated odds on the back of physical packs but either way this is a significant change from previous years without advanced notice. This is downright fraud. I foresee a class action lawsuit coming.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (139)
    Country
    See adamslogikcards's Items on eBay

has anybody hit any kind of insert at all in their free pack? I've opened a couple and hit only base.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

COMC charges storage fees, after 3 months, if the card is prices for more than $0.75 (by you.... which would make it $1 for buyers; There's a 25 cent fee added to whatever you price your cards for)

I think the concept is cool. I like that it gives a purpose to base cards (collect 10 for a foil parallel) without the clutter of massive amounts of worthless base cards. It also puts the freedom to bust packs immediately at your fingertips with wherever you are. This will be a great way for Upper deck to make money (just like other app companies).

I have many concerns though that outweigh the benefits. Upper deck desperately needs an app for this to be successful (looks like an android one is coming but what about iOS?) and this app needs to be sleek, free of bugs and provide a good user experience as historically upper decks online experience has been horrid. They need to provide a trading feature to keep the users engaged. I like that cards can be transferred to COMC but I believe COMC charges a monthly storage fee per card as well as a shipping costs (although shipping is a flat fee which is great for the end consumer). My biggest concern and what each and every buyer, distributer, and shop owner should be appalled over is being dupped on the 2015-16 ud1 stated print runs for product purchased. There were not 10 high gloss copies available through standard (physical) card purchases. I have not read the stated odds on the back of physical packs but either way this is a significant change from previous years without advanced notice. This is downright fraud. I foresee a class action lawsuit coming.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I don't the text in front of me, but I'm sure I read that the free packs are only base cards.

has anybody hit any kind of insert at all in their free pack? I've opened a couple and hit only base.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast