Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Now! Between now and Valentine's Day usually works the best.

pitchers and catchers are not to report until about 2/17-2/19 and the rest don't come until 5-6 days later. giving that they would generally arrive there 1-3 days before the reporting date. Wouldn't sending to ST now be a little premature especially for the position players? Figuring the mail would take generally 4-5 days to the stadium if a ttm were sent today it would get there about a 2/6-2/7, still about a week before the pitchers/catchers start arriving. Should we be concerned that in that week the mail could just get put on the side, left out of site out of mind? I also figure that last thing players will do when they 1st arrive to ST is that they will open and sign ttm. Rather I think they will be trying to settle in and relax or start working out a little before ST begins.

Sorry if this seems a little far fetched. This is our rookie season of sending ttm during ST so we may not have the experience others on the boards here have. Just trying to rationally think out the best chance of success.
    Last edited by gsy971; 02-02-2016 at 11:32 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

That's what I originally thought, but it's worked well for me. This is my 3rd year and is what I have gathered from others that has worked well. Many players will report 1-2 weeks early. I usually aim Feb. 1st for pitchers/catchers and Feb. 14th for everyone else. I've actually sent out as early as Jan. 29 for pitchers/catchers and have gotten many of them back. I would rather have mine in a stack waiting for them when they get there and before games start, then get there too late when they are super busy.

With that being said, I had a terrible year last year, and only had about a 25% return rate for spring training. However, I got over 60% of cards back that I sent out during the regular season. I'm sending a couple to spring training but will probably stick to sending mostly to regular season ballparks.

SCF Rewards
    Country

thanks WIsportsfan19, what about coaches? I am sure they arrive early as well?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Received Chris Davis from last year's ST

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See adamluangraj_123's Items on eBay

After last year's horrible ending, I decided to try again anyway lol. Keeping it light though and sending 8x10's this year instead of cards. Mostly Indians, but trying for a couple big names and Travis Shaw since he's a Buckeyes fan. I've got his dad before, so hoping he will return.

Corey Kluber
    Jason Kipnis
    Roberto Perez
    Jesus Aguilar (AAA)
    Abraham Almonte
    Bobby Bradley (A)
    Danny Salazar (card last year)
    Jose Ramirez (card last year)
    Josh Tomlin
    Mike Clevinger (AA)
    Yandy Diaz (AA)
    Mickey Callaway (pitching coach)
    Tito Francona
    Francisco Lindor
    Albert Pujols (Angels)
    Clayton Kershaw (Dodgers)
    Travis Shaw (Red Sox)

Sent off Kershaw and Shaw last week, sending off Diaz, Clevinger, Kipnis,Pujols, Perez, Salazar, and Ramirez today. Going to try and finish the rest tonight, but not sure I have enough stamps lol.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

Dont feel bad out of the last 3 years I am 10 for 90 in returns
    After last year's horrible ending, I decided to try again anyway lol. Keeping it light though and sending 8x10's this year instead of cards. Mostly Indians, but trying for a couple big names and Travis Shaw since he's a Buckeyes fan. I've got his dad before, so hoping he will return.

Corey Kluber
    Jason Kipnis
    Roberto Perez
    Jesus Aguilar (AAA)
    Abraham Almonte
    Bobby Bradley (A)
    Danny Salazar (card last year)
    Jose Ramirez (card last year)
    Josh Tomlin
    Mike Clevinger (AA)
    Yandy Diaz (AA)
    Mickey Callaway (pitching coach)
    Tito Francona
    Francisco Lindor
    Albert Pujols (Angels)
    Clayton Kershaw (Dodgers)
    Travis Shaw (Red Sox)

Sent off Kershaw and Shaw last week, sending off Diaz, Clevinger, Kipnis,Pujols, Perez, Salazar, and Ramirez today. Going to try and finish the rest tonight, but not sure I have enough stamps lol.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See adamluangraj_123's Items on eBay

Yeah I know you had a rough year last year. I think I ended up around 4 or 5 returns out of around 30. Keep my list shorter with a couple guys that returned last year on cards so I know I should be at least getting a couple back.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I sent out my first batch today
    Collin McHugh
    Jeurys Familia
    Tony Sipp
    James McCann
    Steve Cishek
    Tyler Wilson

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

Sent out to Jesus Montero. Kind of aiming for guys I have nice cards of like Heritage and Archives or Gypsy Queens. Probably only going to send out 5 more rather waste some stamps on some actors and actresses for a project I am working on

SCF Rewards
    Country

It's my second ST so I'll probably do as many as I did last year (around 30). I got some white whales last year so you never know with ST.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast