Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Country

Quote Originally Posted by kolos
    hi all,
    just a quick question!! was looking at some auctions to bid on ebay and saw some ridiculous prices (7.00 to canada reg. mail) i read in beckett that they were going to do something about sellers fleecing the buyers????? any input is welcome!!!
    thanks kosta

If you dont like it, dont bid. Plain and simple.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Quote Originally Posted by sneekc
    If you dont like it, dont bid. Plain and simple.

and it really is JUST THAT SIMPLE!!! lets face it, rarely is there only one seller with a specific item....shop around, there are often many people selling the same card....i love how people complain about things that dont even NEED to affect them!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ZarkonGT's Items on eBay

My point was, he -didn't- say that in the auction, or I wouldn't have bid. I asked him after bidding on 2 different auctions of his.

Anyway, all ended well, he cancelled my bids and let me out of the auction gracefully.

Still annoyed me though :)

SCF Rewards
    See greekmachine44's Items on eBay

part of the question guys was,isn,t ebay supposed to do something about sellers overcharging buyers???? we all know that if you don,t like the shipping charges don,t bid!!! that,s not a solution.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Blackhawks Chicago Bears
    Twitter: @Rick Polus

Moved to General Sportscard Talk.

SCF Rewards
    Country

All my auctions on Ebay have the same S&H pricing:
    With-in the US: $3
    To Canada: $7

In the US, I will do the .50 every extra card up to $5, but once you eclipse that mark, I too move it to priority up to a pound...

As for Canada, after some real stupid problems with the Canadian Postal Service, I decided that I would no longer ship air mail, only Global Priority which I believe costs $6.20....

As for my shipping supplies, my packing is now this way:
    Penny Sleeve: .01 LOL
    Top Loader: I bought a bunch in bulk, think I figured it to be .03 cents each
    5x8" Photo Mailer: .25-1.00 (Higher if I run out and have to rely on Target, Walmart, etc.
    Then a 6x9 bubble mailer: .24 cents

I know I'm reduntant in protection practices, but I've gotten more thanks and credit for my packing than complaints... Card (in toploader) goes into the photo mailer wrapped in the Ebay invoice which leaves no movement, then the sealer photo mailer goes into the bubble mailer....

If anything, within the US, I make no money on shipping, to Canada, I can sometimes pull off a 5 to 10 cent profit...

SCF Rewards
    Country

Something I want to add besides "If you dont like it, dont bid. Plain and simple" You should already know how much you are willing to buy something for. I always calculate the shipping cost along with the price and make sure it doesnt exceed what I'm willing to pay. Shoot sometimes I find good deals from high shipping rates since no wants to bid on it since the rate is high and I get a good deal for the card. All in all its about what you are willing to pay! my two pennys

SCF Rewards
    Country

Quote Originally Posted by kolos
    part of the question guys was,isn,t ebay supposed to do something about sellers overcharging buyers???? we all know that if you don,t like the shipping charges don,t bid!!! that,s not a solution.

ebay wont do anything about fake autos/patches being sold!!! do you think they care if someone is charging a couple extra bucks for shipping?? the answer is NO....ebay really doesnt care about anything except the millions going into their pockets, and that is the 100% truth!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Minnesota Vikings
    See NA's Items on eBay

Quote Originally Posted by theproudestmonkey
    ebay wont do anything about fake autos/patches being sold!!! do you think they care if someone is charging a couple extra bucks for shipping?? the answer is NO....ebay really doesnt care about anything except the millions going into their pockets, and that is the 100% truth!!

Actually what you're forgetting is that ebay WILL do something about it if they thing is final value fee circumvention. If they think you are overcharging in an attempt to avoid paying fees they will make every attempt to shut you down. So you're right in the aspect of them only caring about the millions they make and the shareholders, but it actually does affect their bottom line.

SCF Rewards
    Country

i think it would have to be a REALLLLY big ship cost for them to do anything about it. id like to see them do anything about people charging $5 for shipping as it can be easily justified, and happens hundreds of times daily!! of course $10 shipping for single cards might put up a white flag, but you can get away with ALOT when it comes to ebay!!

the original item in question was $7 shipping to canada for a single card....that isn't anything thats gonna get you in trouble by ebay, i can pretty much guarantee that as ebay ALWAYS promotes international sales!!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast