Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See IggyWH's Items on eBay

Is There A Lot Of Crack In KC?

http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2003/0415/1539542.html

Incident was night's fourth involving fans on field

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Associated Press

CHICAGO -- A fan came out of the stands during Tuesday night's game between the Kansas City Royals and Chicago White Sox and attacked first base umpire Laz Diaz. Security and players came to Diaz's aid and the fan was quickly taken away.

Immediately after Carlos Lee flied out to right to end the eighth inning, the fan ran on the field and tried to tackle Diaz, wrapping his arms around the umpire's legs.

It was the first appearance by the Royals in Chicago since coach Tom Gamboa was pummeled by a father and son, who came out of the stands last September.

Three times earlier Tuesday night, the game was delayed when fans ran onto the field before being tackled by security guards.

U.S. Cellular Field, formerly Comiskey Park, will host the All-Star Game on July 15.

Gamboa tried to downplay his return to the field when interviewed before the game.

"I haven't given it a thought really," he said. "Lightning doesn't strike twice."

Gamboa, 55, is now Kansas City's bullpen coach. He has tried to put the attack behind him, but one physical problem lingers from the beating.

"I have a minor hearing loss in my right ear. I was tested three times and assured it would be nothing degenerative," Gamboa said.

The boy, 15 at the time, was sentenced to five years of probation and also ordered to undergo mandatory counseling and perform 30 hours of community service.

Gamboa appeared at a sentencing hearing and suggested the boy receive probation and community service because he had already been held for a month in juvenile detention after the attack. Both prosecutors and defense attorneys agreed with that suggestion.

The boy was arrested along with his father, William Ligue Jr., who initially pleaded innocent to charges of aggravated battery and mob action. The case is still pending.

"The most disturbing thing I've seen in baseball recently," White Sox manager Jerry Manuel said Tuesday.

Gamboa, a former coach with the Chicago Cubs, reiterated that sports fans in the city shouldn't be judged by what happened to him.

"It's a great sports city and no one incident or what two guys did would tarnish that," Gamboa said.

"It's over and done with as far as I'm concerned."

SCF Rewards
    See radioheadfloyd's Items on eBay

Yes, the farmers nearby have all the right chemicals to manufacture all kinds of drugs.

SCF Rewards
    Country

and then this happens, wow, do the royals have targets on their bats, heck after going to a ton of white sox games I am surprised they even had fans there in the 8th inning as they usually leave around the 7th.

SCF Rewards

the entire area surrounding Comiskey Park (or whatever it's called right now), isn't exactly where you want to be after dark.

It's more fun on the North Side, where Cubbies play

SCF Rewards
    See plunge's Items on eBay

It's pretty sad and pathetic. Precautions better be taken for the all-star game. No beer that day.

SCF Rewards
    See mantleman777's Items on eBay

iggy you seem to mention crack alot sure you never smoked the glass shlong?

SCF Rewards

plunge, just imagine if there's a tie this year at the All-Star game.

lol.

I bet Bud Selig will have a ton of bodyguards right next to him when he attends the game.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Originally posted by jdfan123
    iggy you seem to mention crack alot sure you never smoked the glass shlong?

speaking of crack, you have not seen nothing yet until...

when I working as a medic in the mid 90's we got this call and and this chic was trying to tell me that she had some hot brillo in her throat and it was burning the crap out of her, and being the person that I am, kept asking her how in the hell did you get hot brillo in her throat and my partner told me how it happened, she had been smoking that glass pipe so hard she sucked the freaking brillo pad that she used as a filter into her throat, nothing like looking at the back of her throat to and seeing little pieces of brillo suck in her skin, We laughed like hell when we finially dropped her off at the hosp as they had no clue as well how to get it out.

just a funny story

SCF Rewards
    See radioheadfloyd's Items on eBay

Originally posted by gioperation
    speaking of crack, you have not seen nothing yet until...

when I working as a medic in the mid 90's we got this call and and this chic was trying to tell me that she had some hot brillo in her throat and it was burning the crap out of her, and being the person that I am, kept asking her how in the hell did you get hot brillo in her throat and my partner told me how it happened, she had been smoking that glass pipe so hard she sucked the freaking brillo pad that she used as a filter into her throat, nothing like looking at the back of her throat to and seeing little pieces of brillo suck in her skin, We laughed like hell when we finially dropped her off at the hosp as they had no clue as well how to get it out.

just a funny story

I didn't know that crack pipes had filters. I guess I don't know much about crack though :)

See cfa10123's Items on eBay

Beer can't be sold at sporting events: period. Beer and fans and a court, field, etc. make for an ugly scene, especially when someone gets drunk.

Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast