Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EBAY deal gone bad.

EBAY deal gone bad.

This is a manic dealer. This person turned me in for 'non-payment' four days after the auction ended. I usually use paypal but for some reason I sent concealed cash. It was for 1997 topps chrome rookies, Corey Dillon, Jake Plummer, and Warrick Dunn. Total around $12. Look at these idiotic e-mail conversations I had with this dealer, who will remain nameless.

I wrote:
    What I've decided to do is if you do not recieve the payment by monday
    I will just use paypal. I find it very odd that my other 90+ auctions
    have recieved their payments/items, but for some reason Wisconsin lost my
    payment. I'm not calling you a thief, your ebay reputation does
    validate some of your credibility, but it was rather bold of you to
    assume that I did not sent the payment. Let me know by Monday.
    have a good one
    gary

crazy ™™™ responded:
    What is bold Gary,
    Is for you to think is wisconsin fault for your payment lsot or what ever if sent, Your in North Carlina?
    Thats about a half dozen state it could of went though, if you sent it coudl of been lost in your own city or state,and to even question us over a $8.00-$9.00 transaction to even think we would steal it?????
    Fact is non payments are pretty normal on ebay, and you never even reply to us that you sent paymen in the first place, until we contacted ebay,
    So what are we to think, Just guess?
    Wasn't upset at all until you just insulted me and the state I live in,
    Ebay states for you to contract seller in 3 days, which you didn't.

we can't read minds and know the different different someone who said they paided and someone who just isn' going to pay,
    99% of the time whne a payment is late, It was never sent.
    to show you how much this insulted me,
    you can have these cards free,
    send your address, we'll getthem out of here,
    out of over 300 auctions this month, yours is the only one still sitting here form 2 weeks ago,

And another thng you do have 2 neg for non payment in the pass.
    No need for why you got them, fact is you do,
    and its isn't bold of us to expect anything different when a payment don't come.
    Send your full address, and I'll get these out today or in the morning,
    if you didn't pay they would go in a common box anyhow, thier not something we'd relist anyhow, we closed a ebay store is the only remember they were posted, just them over to a auction and closed the store, we don't deal in single much other than gu or autos
    I contacted this retard twice after the auction trying to get her address to send the payment. I do have two negs for non payments but it was from three years ago. I have like a 120:2 ratio!

I responded,
    I did not intend to insult you or the great state of Wisconsin. It is a
    staple in the Union and very important to the dairy industry.
    I don't want these cards for free and I insist on paying for them.
    psycho mofo replied:
    please send me your address,
    I just want them off the desk at this point, ha ha
    We have them sitting here the box we have filled with our overstock to be posted and pending on line now,
    send your address, we'll mail them out, can send money whe nyou get a chance it if don't show by monday, but like to mail these now thanks

Now she wants to give me these cards for free even if she never recieves payment??? After I 'insulted her and her state?' I like free cards but I don't need any anthrax in the envelope, too.
    Up and down like a roller coaster this is a crazy dealer who needs a serious dose of zoloft. I thought IOWA had the lowest literacy rates in the USA but these people in Wisconsin need to pick up a book or atleast use spellcheck!!!!!

I notice no one else is commenting on this. Maybe because they dont want to be negative towards you. Neither do I, but I will say this. If you werent calling him a thief, the why even mention the word "thief" at all? Seems to me that insinuation was clear. And never insult someone's state. Again, you insinuated.
    Also when I buy on eBay, I immediately either pay (if using PayPal) or email the seller with my payment intentions. Immediately or ASAP. The sellers "seems" pretty reputable from what I can gather. And if he did try and contact you only to be ignored until he filed the grievance with eBay...well whose fault is that?
    Now, about him just giving you the cards for free. Yes, that's a guilt tactic he is using to make you feel like crap for all this. My advice is to let him send to you, then once you have the cards (and his return mailling address) send him the money or PayPal it to him.
    Just my two cents...

You seem like a nice guy, but in this case I'm leaning with the seller.
    Sorry

It seems like he did contact her right after the auction ended, but she didn't respond. Though her responses don't seem that outrageous, she does seem kind of insane, and I understand where you are coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by lakeweirplaya
    haha she is tryna rip u off, she knos she received it

How is she trying to rip him off if she is sending the cards?

On another note, that's why I never send money. Though it takes an extra effort to start an account, paypal is the way to go. Sending money often relies on the recipient's honesty, and that's not something I want, seeing as how some poeple act somtimes. I'd prefer to have a foolproof method of sending, which in this case is paypal, where the seller's integrity does not come into question.

DUDE, at 1st she said she did not get the $$$ but then she all a sudden wanted to send him the cards for free?? common since

Quote Originally Posted by coolguy69
    It seems like he did contact her right after the auction ended, but she didn't respond. Though her responses don't seem that outrageous, she does seem kind of insane, and I understand where you are coming from.
    Where did you read that? The seller responded and it's bolded. The buyer didnt contact the seller within the 3 days as required by eBay.

"Wasn't upset at all until you just insulted me and the state I live in,
    Ebay states for you to contract seller in 3 days, which you didn't."

Quote Originally Posted by lakeweirplaya
    DUDE, at 1st she said she did not get the $$$ but then she all a sudden wanted to send him the cards for free?? common since
    It could be a guilt tactic...or...it could be that he took great offense in being insinuated a thief. And he wants to ensure the buyer knows this is not the case. It's called doing an honorable thing to resolve a problem.

Read right under it dude, it says " I contacted this retard twice after the auction..."...he bolded it as to prove a point as to how stupid she was, I believe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast