Thread: Trade Value

Trade Value

I won this card last week and actually posted about it in the EBay Football Wins thread. It's a LaDainian Tomlinson 2004 Topps Finest Gold X-Fractor #2/5.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Right after I won it another bidder contacted me and asked if he could trade for it. He said he is collecting all the #/5 X-Fractor cards. I am an LT fan/collector so I really wanted it for my collection. He has offered me a Tomlinson 2002 Topps Reserve auto BV $60. The Gold X-Fractor is not priced due to scarcity. Is this a good trade IYO? I don't have the Tomlinson 2002 Topps Reserve auto and it looks like a nice card, but I really wanted to get an idea of what the X-Fractor is worth. It's in great condition and is also a jersey card.

Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

2. Check out the deals at Bear Ridge Collectibles eBay Store
    First I would see if you could get anymore out of him but if you cant thats a good trade. It is #d /5 but its just a one colored jersey and that auto would sell more anyway. Thats my opinion. hope it helps

The auto sells for more, so I'd make the trade.

BTW, that's my auction.

Thanks for the advice. If he sweetens the pot I will take it.
    Here's the offer he sent. I am waiting to hear back with info about the other cards he mentions.

Hi
    I have a Tomlinson 2002 Topps Reserve auto and some Topps pro/bowl and super/bowl cards from 2002-2006.
    The Reserve sold on ebay recently for $30.
    Let me know and thanks.
    Don

Sounds like a good deal if the other cards are any good. Comments?

id definately take the deal....just be careful you dont get screwed!! request SECURE shipping, DC at the least.....remember it wont be a "monitored" trade (i assume it is just an ebayer that sent you a message, and not a board member from a trade site)

Quote Originally Posted by theproudestmonkey
    id definately take the deal....just be careful you dont get screwed!! request SECURE shipping, DC at the least.....remember it wont be a "monitored" trade (i assume it is just an ebayer that sent you a message, and not a board member from a trade site)
    This is true. I was thinking I would request that I get the items first before I mail out the card. Is this standard practice? What is DC, call me a noobie if you like.

If he has good feedback, you should both just send at the same time w/delivery confirmation. It seems like great trade to me, since I only paid $15 for that card.

Well, I made the trade. To good to pass up, and he is sending first so I don't have to worry about that.

Heres the formal offer.

I send you the following cards:
    - 2002 Topps Reserve Tomlinson autograph RA-LT
    - 2006 Tomlinson Topps Super Bowl XL card 7/16
    - 2003 Tomlinson Topps Pro Bowl card 10/18
    - 2003 Tomlinson Topps Super Bowl XXXVII card 12/12
    - 2003 Tomlinson Fleer Super Bowl XXXVII card 2/12

You can check the cards when you get them. You then send me the
    2004 Topps Finest Gold xfractor Tomlinson Jersey # 106 card number 2/5.

Sounds like a great offer huh?