Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have also heard rumors of Tavares wanting to come to Toronto but it could be just that, a Rumor... I think he would be the better signing for the Leafs to go after anyways.. He is younger, his contract isn't as high as Stamkos & Johnny T is a more complete player than Stamkos.. I guess we will find out what is rumor & what isn't in another month or 2 when Free Agent Frenzy starts..

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Colorado Avalanche
    Twitter: @@DGeschwender See metalica7's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

I have also heard rumors of Tavares wanting to come to Toronto but it could be just that, a Rumor... I think he would be the better signing for the Leafs to go after anyways.. He is younger, his contract isn't as high as Stamkos & Johnny T is a more complete player than Stamkos.. I guess we will find out what is rumor & what isn't in another month or 2 when Free Agent Frenzy starts..

I bet that Johnny T ends up getting similar money to Stamkos when his time comes.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Yup.

Stamkos is going to ask to be paid like a top-5 player in the NHL. No reason think Tavares won't do the same.

Personally, if I were the GM spending 10+ Million on a player, no question which of those two I'd want...... Tavares.

I bet that Johnny T ends up getting similar money to Stamkos when his time comes.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

Now that Datsyuk is gone I think Tavares is the most humble player in the league. I could see since the Rumours of Stamkos going to Toronto have been afloat for a couple years now that if someone like Tavares signing out of the blue would be even more beneficial for the Leafs.

It's actually fun thinking about how the Leafs could look after the next couple seasons. It is exciting... but it IS Toronto, so let's just see what happens.

For RGM81 - source: http://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/tw...eal-with-leafs

Apparently he had an interview in French and English-speaking people understood glimpses of the conversation and immediately thought Laraque just broke the news. Lol I thought it was pretty weird. I had a text from my cousin that said 'Loroque broke the news' and I was thinking 'George Laraque? Why him? Or is there some Loroque guy I know nothing about?' lol

That's the thing with Toronto, seems like there are 10x more rumours about the Maple Leafs than any other Hockey Team out there.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Same goes for the Habs, but in both languages! LOL
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah, I too think Tavares would be the better player to go after for the Leafs. He is a more complete player.. Sure Stamkos may get more goals & points but Johnny T plays at both ends of the ice & is getting better every year. The numbers will soon be there for him as well..

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

There's always rumor's here in Toronto :D And yes, Tavares would be so exciting!
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

There's always rumor's here in Toronto :D And yes, Tavares would be so exciting!

There's too many rumors. Maybe it's partially because I hate Toronto, but I'm sooooooooo sick of hearing that every player is going to the Maple Leafs. Stamkos - Leafs. Tavares - Leafs. Last year Leafs fans were clamoring how McDavid would end up in Toronto. Vesey - Leafs. Maybe we should just hand them the NHL All Stars and call it a day?

I understand there's always rumors some of them a bit farfetched, but every time a name pops up I hear "OMG, they're gonna end up in Toronto." Maybe Stamkos will change that, but so far all the rumors have been junk
    Last edited by geschrocks33; 05-11-2016 at 10:08 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah I know.. It never stops in Toronto.. But Vesey is coming to the Leafs. That's pretty much a given now.. He wanted to play here already & now that we hired his Dad as head scout, I believe, he will sign with the Leafs. The rest of the rumors will have to wait til July to figure out what is truth & what is fiction..

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Yeah I know.. It never stops in Toronto.. But Vesey is coming to the Leafs. That's pretty much a given now.. He wanted to play here already & now that we hired his Dad as head scout, I believe, he will sign with the Leafs. The rest of the rumors will have to wait til July to figure out what is truth & what is fiction..

There is literally no proof that is he going to Toronto. The fact that his dad is a scout there means nothing. It's all great that Toronto seems to think they are going to sign and get all these players, but.....

#1 - How will you pay them all?
    #2 - Where are they going to play?

You guys are getting Matthews (or Laine) and everyone says you're getting Stamkos too. Those are #1 guys. Plus you have Nylander, Marner, Kadri, JVR, Kapanen, Komarov, etc. And now Vesey too? Where do all these star players get ice time? You don't think that's a deciding force in some players contract negotiations and their decision where they go?

Would he rather go to Toronto where he's a 3rd line guy, or go somewhere where he immediately slots into a 1st line role? Pretty sure I just saw a report that he will be "very interested" in hearing what the Bruins have to say. He's a Mass kid who went to school in Mass, that could be a big driving factor. Not many times do you get the opportunity to play for your hometown team growing up, let alone have a choice to go there.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast