Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you played Pro Sports....

Question If you played Pro Sports....

what would you do to affect the card collecting hobby?

If I were a pro sports player I would sign only cards #'d/100 or less.

I would try to make it so companies could only produce #'d/250 or less gu'd cards of me.

I would try to make it so only TRUE (debateable) Rc's of me could be produced.

And finally I would sign the first, last and jsy #'d serialed auto's with a different sig than normal. I think it would be cool to have a rare sig along with a normal one.

I think that I had a bit too much free time this weekend but sometimes i wish players would try to do something for the hobby.

Please give me any feedback that you have THX!

2. Check out Steel City Collectibles Clearance Center
    I woke up at 530 so i gues i got some free time also.

I would definitely want an auto, gu, and rc #'d /1

i agree that signing less cards and having less cards would be better for the hobby that way they would be more sought out for.

I would only sign cards with bigger areas to sign because my signature in real life could never fit on those puny stickers! EX) The 2006 Topps Baseball Series 1+2 cards, those have a nice large area to sign and still have a nice look to them.

I had this discussion with my wife before. If I played pro sports, I would sign autographs for anyone who asked me. I would realize how lucky I was to be playing a game for millions of dollars per year. I would realize that signing autographs would be part of the territory of making all that money. So I would sign for free to whoever asked me whenever.
    - Andy

Beckett Basketball Plus Super Collector - Spring '06
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by LakersMC
    I had this discussion with my wife before. If I played pro sports, I would sign autographs for anyone who asked me. I would realize how lucky I was to be playing a game for millions of dollars per year. I would realize that signing autographs would be part of the territory of making all that money. So I would sign for free to whoever asked me whenever.

i totally agree w/you here...at games i would sign as many auto's as possible..sometimes it seems like the players don't remember what is was like to be a fan in search of a signature

I wouldn't sign a thing for a card company. TTM and in person as much as possible- always personalized. Some of the bozos out there getting autos to hawk on E-Bay before and after the game are the same guys throwing beer bottles and cussing in the family section, not to mention wizzing in the restroom sinks, during the game. I may even just put, "Not Intended For Sale on E-Bay," or write "Mickey Mouse" on the guys' items I saw trampling kids, or chasing me along to get 4 or 5 autos.

Quote Originally Posted by justsandersplease
    I wouldn't sign a thing for a card comany.
    well that could come back to haunt you...people aren't very fond of the way sean taylor and joey porter don't even sign

yeah... boy do i wish one of my FAVORITE canes (sean taylor) would auto at least a couple different cards!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast