Question about Collectors Advantage

Hopefully someone has the answer to this. I've got several Collector's Edge Advantage cards (1998) and there seem to be several types of the same card. Some are of regular thickness, some are more glossy than others, and some are very thick (about the thickness of the pieces they are putting in packs now when you don't get a g/u). One in particular is Dan Marino #90, it is one of the thick ones with the Advantage 98 in bright silver or gold where the Emmitt Smith one I found is regular thickness with Advantage 98 very faint on the card front. If you can figure out my ramblings and have any info, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks - Eric

Re: Question about Collectors Advantage

Originally posted by Texasguy
    Hopefully someone has the answer to this. I've got several Collector's Edge Advantage cards (1998) and there seem to be several types of the same card. Some are of regular thickness, some are more glossy than others, and some are very thick (about the thickness of the pieces they are putting in packs now when you don't get a g/u). One in particular is Dan Marino #90, it is one of the thick ones with the Advantage 98 in bright silver or gold where the Emmitt Smith one I found is regular thickness with Advantage 98 very faint on the card front. If you can figure out my ramblings and have any info, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks - Eric
    Not to sound rude but there's not a question in the post.

Or maybe I just missed it. :confuse:

I'll try to help as much as I can but I don't understand what your looking for so if you could help me out then I could probably help you out or at least try.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

LOL, I understand pwaldo. I figured I'd screw it up. Ok, lets see I guess I just needed any info anyone has on the different parallels in this set and any way to tell the difference between them. Beckett online mentions a regular, a gold and a silver version. But I'm not real sure how to tell which ones I have. The cards all look the same as far as info on the card (i.e., doesn't say which version it is). They just vary in thickness and glossiness. Hope this helps.

LOL, I understand pwaldo. I figured I'd screw it up. Ok, lets see I guess I just needed any info anyone has on the different parallels in this set and any way to tell the difference between them. Beckett online mentions a regular, a gold and a silver version. But I'm not real sure how to tell which ones I have. The cards all look the same as far as info on the card (i.e., doesn't say which version it is). They just vary in thickness and glossiness. Hope this helps.
    I have a ton of those cards from 1999 that I can't figure anything about.

Is there anyway you could get a scan of them? Somebody would probably be able to figure it out then.

I don't know that much about football compared to baseball and that's why I stopped collecting football a couple years ago but I still like to try and help people out.

But it looks like I can't help out on this one.

Try a search on google.com for those cards/parallels and you might find somebody who has an ID on it with a picture. Then you could find out at least what one of them is.

I sometimes do that when I don't know anything about a card and need a picture to help me.

Here is a scan. I'm in the same boat as far as knowledge of football. Trying to just go to baseball - just gotta figure out what to do with all these FB lol. Need to figure out what I got first though. Thanks for trying pwaldo.

Here is a scan. I'm in the same boat as far as knowledge of football. Trying to just go to baseball - just gotta figure out what to do with all these FB lol. Need to figure out what I got first though. Thanks for trying pwaldo.
    Well I'd guess the one without the foil would be the regular one and then the Marino is either gold or silver. Can't tell by the scan.

But I really have no clue. I wish we had a football expert on here or somebody with one of those real thick Beckett books. I have one for baseball but that's not going to help here.

So hopefully somebody else can help out more.

Ok, I really have no idea with the color of advantage on top of the card. I have a Moss rookie that is regular thickness that is silver writing, and a manning that is regular, and no color to advantage. So as far as I know, the word color makes no difference. The thick card would be the 50 point parrallel, because it is printed on 50 point stock cardboard. The silver parallel has a silver bumpy background on the whole card, if that makes sense. The gold parallel has a smooth gold background. If I get a chance, I will post a scan of a silver from the '98 advantage set. Hope that helps somewhat.

I got a bunch of these cards in a target 200 card pack or something like that, and got griese and moss, and manning rookies. In the July 2002 Football beckett, it says that silver stars are worth 2x-4x, stated odds 1:2. And it says Gold stars 2.5x-5x. It also says 50-point stars are 1.25x-2.5x, stated odds 1:1... Hope this helps, and by the way, in July 2002 the, Marino card is worth $5 if plain, and I think yours is gold so it would be worth about $12.50-$25...... :D

Jason

All that helps alot - especially the info on the 50 point stock. Thanks everyone