Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Did not get to get photos before I put them away, but did not have a bad weekend with the Sugar Land Skeeters coming into town. Today looked like it was going to be a washout, so I decided to stay away from the game and focus on non baseball stuff. Did get to go to the Friday and Saturday games. Here is what was done:

Friday-

Kent Mathes- 1/4- Interesting to see he is one per, but that just means I will have to keep calling him to get all 4 done.
    Zech Zinicola- 1/1
    Jeremy Barfield- 1/1- Working on the 2014 THM set, this was a big one considering it is a short printed card. Did not know what to expect from him, considering how his dad and brother are about signing, so I just put the one I really wanted in front of him. He was super nice, and signed whatever people had. Made a note of this for Saturday.
    Jeffrey Dominguez- 2/2
    Gary Gaetti- 1/1
    Josh Prince- 2/2 8x10 photos from his days in the Brewers system

Saturday:

Kent Mathes- 1/3- Now down to 2 cards when he comes back. May order a TPD card on him so I can add another different card of his
    Jeremy Barfield- 5/5- Had a few Pro Debut and Bowman cards of his, and happy to get them done considering that he is apparently a hit or miss signer.
    Sean Gallagher- 8/8- Very nice surprise. In the few years he has been with the Skeeters, I have never encountered him, let alone ask him to sign. He got the win on Friday, and must have been feeling good, so he came out at the dugout, something I have never seen him do. Signed all 8 to my surprise, which I am very happy about
    Gary Gaetti- 8/8- As always, super nice guy. Had signed the first 6, had to exchange the lineup cards prior to the game, promised that he would come back to do the last 2, and true to his word, he did. Very stand up guy, and one of my favorites I have ever encountered.

Only disappointments come from the injured players not traveling. That list included Tyson Gillies, Brooks Conrad and Andy LaRoche.

Also, if anybody is wondering, I will definitely consider trading extras from my IP signings.

I can't believe Brooks is still around. I will never forget his grand slam to complete the comeback against the Reds when he was with the Braves but, I will also never forget his multi error game.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I can't believe Brooks is still around. I will never forget his grand slam to complete the comeback against the Reds when he was with the Braves but, I will also never forget his multi error game.

Same here. He was in the league last year, but got signed really early on to play affiliated ball. Was hoping to get an 8x10 of his grand slam, but glad I did not considering he has not been released or signed, yet is off the roster.

SCF Rewards
    Country

New Britain came back to town today, and I really did not have anything for them aside from a yearbook, and a few cards. Of the 13 players still on the roster that I needed in the yearbook, I was able to get 11 tonight. Aside from that, I needed 2 players on cards, and was able to get them both.

Michael Crouse- 2/2
    Josh Outman- 8/8

Now that I really have nothing left for the Bees, I will probably spend the next two nights of the series focusing on extra stuff I have for the Ducks, with players such as Tyler Colvin, Ruben Gotay, Dan Johnson and others.

SCF Rewards
    Country

New Britain came back to town today, and I really did not have anything for them aside from a yearbook, and a few cards. Of the 13 players still on the roster that I needed in the yearbook, I was able to get 11 tonight. Aside from that, I needed 2 players on cards, and was able to get them both.

Michael Crouse- 2/2
    Josh Outman- 8/8

Now that I really have nothing left for the Bees, I will probably spend the next two nights of the series focusing on extra stuff I have for the Ducks, with players such as Tyler Colvin, Ruben Gotay, Dan Johnson and others.

man you keep bringing up names that I know all to well or have some memories about lol. Ruben Gotay went to the same CC that I did. We didn't go at the same time but, it was the same school and it is also only like 25 minutes from where I live.

SCF Rewards
    Country

man you keep bringing up names that I know all to well or have some memories about lol. Ruben Gotay went to the same CC that I did. We didn't go at the same time but, it was the same school and it is also only like 25 minutes from where I live.

Thats awesome man! This league has a thing about bringing in some pretty interesting names every now and again. We have ended up with big stars like Dontrelle Willis and Scott Kazmir, while also ending up with some strange names like Josh Barfield and Fernando Seguinol. Love seeing the new names pop up on the transaction page!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Baltimore Orioles New York Jets New Jersey Devils

Do not forget when the league first started we had the likes of Ricky Henderson and Tim Raines. The Patriots first starting pitcher was Bob Sebra. We have other big names even as managers and coaches plus some of those names like Fernando still trying to make it

SCF Rewards
    Country

Do not forget when the league first started we had the likes of Ricky Henderson and Tim Raines. The Patriots first starting pitcher was Bob Sebra. We have other big names even as managers and coaches plus some of those names like Fernando still trying to make it

You are correct there. I did not do the early years of the Ducks as it was almost impossible to get a ticket back then. Cant forget about John Rocker, and Armando Benitez trying to hang on out here either!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Worked on the Ducks side tonight, as I plan to tomorrow as well. Did not have a ton of goals, instead hoping to nearly complete my yearbook and scorecard projects, which I was able to do. Aside from adding 2 or 3 to each project, including our newest Duck, former Red Sox pitcher Dustin Richardson.

Sean Burroughs- 2/2 I had a Devil Rays mini helmet that I was hoping to get him to sign, but left it home when I figured that they would never put him in the pregame autograph booth. My luck, they stuck him in the booth tonight. Was able to get an 8x10, and my scorecard signed (already had him in yearbook)
    Buddy Harrelson- 8/8 cards, one of the nicest men I have ever encountered in the game, as always took care of everything.
    Dan Johnson- 1/6 cards. Was hoping that he would do more than his one per now that he is a Duck, but I was wrong. Oh well.
    Ruben Gotay- 1/1 Marlins 8x10
    Dan Lyons and John Brownell- 1/1 on a dual 8x10. They came out together, and I was able to get both of them on a photo of the 2 receiving a Gold Glove and Atlantic League award respectively. Two super nice guys, as I have come to know over the years.
    Eury De La Rosa- 1/1 DBacks 8x10
    Tyler Colvin- 0/4 Did not see him come out, later found out that he injured his shoulder.

Hopefully tomorrow can help me get closer to the end of my Ducks stuff.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Baltimore Orioles New York Jets New Jersey Devils

Like you I thought Johnson would change going to the Ducks but guess not. Maybe when he sees everyone else signing he will go to 2 but otherwise who knows.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Like you I thought Johnson would change going to the Ducks but guess not. Maybe when he sees everyone else signing he will go to 2 but otherwise who knows.

I am hoping you're right. Before Burroughs came over, he was 1 per, if he signed at all. He got here, and started signing everything. Sunday will be the true test for Johnson, when we have our 15 minute pregame signing.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast