Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Viva Las vegas !!

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

How much do you know about the history of hockey in Las Vegas? — QUIZ

http://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/...las-vegas-quiz

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I don't think the day is too far off. 3-5 years maybe?

That is probably a good thing on their part because in 5 years, the Vegas Aces will be bankrupt and/or moved to Seattle. Worst idea they have ever come up with.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays NULL
    Twitter: @@TheJMCole See mikescards141's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

That is probably a good thing on their part because in 5 years, the Vegas Aces will be bankrupt and/or moved to Seattle. Worst idea they have ever come up with.

There are quite a few cities in the US that have not just an NFL team and a Hockey team but other professional sports options as well. I didn't think that a team in Las Vegas would be a good idea based on continuing failures in some markets that are currently going on. But with more than 14,000 season tickets of both corporate and private support. As well as one of the most lavish buildings that will be in the NHL, that is designed with Hockey in mind, I don't know why this team has to fail. Especially if the second team to enter the market is an NFL team as that means 8 home games to compete with over the first 4 months of the season and some of the regular season is during September which means it is even less home games to compete with.

Las Vegas as a city isn't just a tourist city anymore either there are a lot of permanent residents that are looking for something to spend their entertainment dollars on. If it doesn't work then yes they can move them to Seattle, Portland, Kansas City cities that all have other sports teams already. In the case of Seattle doesn't even have a building for Basketball yet, and the person who owns the options of building wants a Basketball arena, no hockey. In the case of Portland they have the Rose Garden-Moda Centre and it is designed as a Basketball first arena and can only accommodate between 15-16,000 for Hockey, has a smaller population than Las Vegas. As for Kansas City, would it support Hockey? They have the arena, they have the population that is bigger than both Portland and Las Vegas; but like Atlanta before it, it is another failed NHL market from the original expansion. They didn't even have an ownership group submit for the expansion process.

In the end, the NHL can expand into Las Vegas where the 500 Million expansion fee is not part of the "Hockey Revenues" under the CBA which means the other 30 teams get almost 17 million a piece that they don't have to split with the players and later if they have to they can move the team and get a relocation fee which is hockey revenues and split with the players.

It is win/win for the NHL to keep some cities for expansion and some for relocation.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm going to also throw this out there too that by getting to LV first the NHL will have an advantage and attention that they need. I mean if they tried to shove a team in there after every other big 3 added a franchise there it would basically get lost in the shuffle but now they will basically have a monopoly on sports fans in the area.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12