Thread: Champs

Champs

I think this is the longest I have a seen a new product out with no box breaks posted by people.

2. Check out Steel City Collectibles Clearance Center
    Give it a little while :)
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    PC's: Martin Brodeur, Ed Belfour, Jhonas Enroth, Marc-Andre Fleury, Carey Price

It's a steep price for a low-mid end product. Good hits are far and few between. UD is milkin' it big time this year.
    Looking for: Jean-Gabriel Pageau (Main PC), Erik Karlsson (Secondary PC)
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Unlike most of UD's products, which are targeted for the mass market, this one is more of a niche release. People don't go ga-ga for fish cards, Samuel de Champlain or scenery shots of the Canadian plains. Some cool hard-signed autographs in there, yes.
    Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 236 Unique Cards + 13 1/1's!!!

2017-18 Habs Collections: Carey Price, Shea Weber, Max Pacioretty, and Jonathan Drouin

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

almost picked up a box on release day but costs 135$ CDN so I passed. Can probably get all the sharks from the set for about that price

Well I couldn't take it any longer so I went and cracked a box :)

I was turned off at first because I somehow thought these were all minis, but after seeing some online breaks it seems only a handful of hits are and the rest are regular size cards. Don't care too much for the food/fishing/etc cards, but the design is nice so I might try a box or at least a few packs. The price is too high though, should be priced like OPC/Full Force IMO.
    Check out my Hidden Content and Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by drnaud81 View Post
    I was turned off at first because I somehow thought these were all minis, but after seeing some online breaks it seems only a handful of hits are and the rest are regular size cards. Don't care too much for the food/fishing/etc cards, but the design is nice so I might try a box or at least a few packs. The price is too high though, should be priced like OPC/Full Force IMO.
    It does have 1 guaranteed hard signed auto per box + 2 memorabilia cards. That alone will bump the price up over the regular O-pee-chee boxes.

I'm hoping the boxes will drop in price next year, I like the designs, and building a set would be fun. This would have been a good candidate for e-packs, the trading platform would have been ideal for a set like this or OPC platinum.