Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Minnesota Vikings Phoenix Coyotes
    See mattdmc2931's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Nice patch on the Mrazek, looks like its part of the NHLPA logo from a photoshoot jersey or an NHLPA rookie event. I'm going to be very interested in what the back of this particular card says because I know it's not game used.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

Yeah, I hear ya, MattDMC. I was optimistic going into this preview as UD Black has had some beauties in previous releases. I was excited at first when I saw this card but I don't know why they would have 5 Wings patches and then a non-Wings patch. I immediately thought of a CHL patch but that couldn't be. I just don't know why they can't use an NHL game-worn patch by now.

Not like I was going to buy a box anyways. It will be like $350 CAD here in my small town. There will be enough beauty Wings' cards for me to chase anyways.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See psychoforturkeys's Items on eBay

What the heck will you store those Black Tie Affair cards in??? Normally not impressed with anything UD does but this stuff is sharp. Nicer than Cup IMO.

SCF Rewards
    Country

What the heck will you store those Black Tie Affair cards in??? Normally not impressed with anything UD does but this stuff is sharp. Nicer than Cup IMO.

You would store it in one of those hinged storage boxes that hold 50 or so cards like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/3915009...466&rmvSB=true

Upper Deck stole the Black Tie Affair idea from Panini who has done the tie laces cards for 2 years in their Prime release and called the cards Prime Ties and the storage boxes linked above are what most people use to store the lace cards.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See psychoforturkeys's Items on eBay

Those boxes aren't the safest things in the world. I'd be nervous to keep something like that in one of those. Not that I can afford this product, lol.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Took the words right out of my mouth. Sweet looking cards!

Here I was all set to give UD props on a nice looking set, and then I saw the first Hertl card. In one of their premier products, they pull out those stupid gawd-awful Rookie Showcase jerseys. Why couldn't they put that garbage into Contours or one of their lower-tier products? Using old non-NHL material in a premier product is amateurish to the extreme. Totally bush-league. Hell, I even saw a Jake Allen one, and he was drafted in 2008! Why are they holding on to Rookie Showcase material for 8 years?!? You would think they could have gotten some NHL jerseys by now for some of these guys (Seguin, Johansen, Henrique, etc.) It has been awhile since they were rookies.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/15-16-UD-BLACK-ROOKIE-SHOWCASE-RELICS-RYAN-JOHANSEN-25-/311669172262?hash=item4890ee2826:g:gPEAAOSwARZXoik Z
    Last edited by Sharky94; 08-04-2016 at 04:22 PM.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Seeing some of these new ebay listings make my mouth water. Some seriously awesome cards. Seeing all those Cup Coronations Auto's are epic!
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Yeah my eBay watch list is significantly loaded with Black cards right now. Some pretty great stuff to be had! Need me one of those Price autos!
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

So that Mrazek patch I commented about earlier in this thread, I asked UD 2 weeks ago about the patch and they responded today.

Apparently it's a Czech National patch. Sure it is UD... sure it is.

I guess the Czech Jerseys have NHLPA logos on them because that patch matches up perfectly with the NHLPA logo. I don't know why UD just won't admit that it's from a rookie event jersey. I'm going to watch Mrazek memorabilia in upcoming releases, I want to see some more of this Czech jersey they apparently have and I also want to see how the back of this card is worded because that Mrazek is not from a Game Used jersey, Not Detroit and not the Czech National team.

SCF Rewards
    Country

There's a few Johnny Gaudreau & Sean Monahan cards that I want. Just waiting to see how high it goes to see if I can afford them.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast