Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Post 2016-17 Upper Deck Black Diamond Info

http://www.beckett.com/news/2016-17-...ockey-preview/

2016-17 Upper Deck Black Diamond Hockey is back again later this year with a few new twists. With a name like Black Diamond, collectors are looking for high-value hits and there are five cards per pack along with a bonus 2016-17 Upper Deck Exquisite Hockey card, which are spread across multiple releases throughout the season. Each case is also expected to yield one card with a diamond on average.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Philadelphia Flyers Pittsburgh Penguins
    Twitter: @theAndrewKubat See Venom-86's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I do think the McDavid patch card look great. However, I am not overwhelmed by the base card design. Photo is too small. It's obvious that a big portion of the card is reserved for jersey, patches, and autographs (sticker?). I think it makes the base card look unfinished.

I am also confused by the Jumbo relics.
    • Will they be actual logo patches? Or just pictures of the logo forming a "puzzle".
    • Will the crest even be game used? Or will it be a manufactured patch?
    • Will there be 15 cards for each player forming the crest of that player's jersey? Or will there be 15 different players using only one crest? From whose jersey?

Although it is a hobby-wide trend, I also find it strange to call a one year old jersey swatch a "relic". Gump Worsley's uniform would be a relic. King Clancy's stick is a relic. A Gordie Howe glove is a relic. A jersey used by a 19 year old kid last April is not a relic.

I will get my singles off the secondary market
    Last edited by Drewk86a; 08-05-2016 at 01:34 PM.
    Hidden Content
    Collecting: Hidden Content (95% complete) / Hidden Content (88.4% complete) / Eric Lindros (35% complete) / Ilya Kovalchuk (45% complete)...and to a lesser extent...Hidden Content (65% complete) / Hidden Content (48% complete) / Brian Propp (70% complete)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

A jersey used by a 19 year old kid last April is not a relic.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Will the crest even be game used? Or will it be a manufactured patch?

They are definitely manufactured. Mike Gartner never wore that emblem.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

With the "relic" wording--I'm not a fan of it being imported into hockey. I've seen it used in Football and Baseball over the years, but for the most part it hasn't crossed over to our section of the hobby world. I don't know why they've made that switch, when "Game Used Jersey/Patch/Stick" works just fine.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't know why they've made that switch,

It sounds "more expensive."

SCF Rewards
    Country

Soon enough they'll advertise hard-signed sticker autos stuck on card

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

I'll participate in a few group breaks if I can get the Habs spot and that will be all for me. In my opinion, BD is the worst of the high-end products. There are some cool cards like the cards with the diamonds, and I like the inserts using a black foil, but there is a lot of filler. I don't like the manufactured patches and the rookie selection is small without all the later rookies.
    Last edited by odjickfan; 08-07-2016 at 08:03 PM.
    Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content